VIDEO : Cooper Tire STT PRO Performance - 2 Years of Testing Out on the Trail

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Exactly the Thread I was waitng for as I'm changing my STMAxx's and am on a knifes edge in between the STT Pro's and STMAxx's:thumb::thumb:

I just got an awesome deal on my 37X13.5X17 STT Pros and I have only been running them since December but absolutely love them. Been on a few trail rides and a little more aggressive wheeling here in Wisconsin and they do great. I now am trying to figure out what beadlocks to put them on. I need 3.5" to not frame rub and I am at 4.58" now. Great video Eddie and I will tell you that your research and write ups on these tires was the deciding factor for me. I know we aren't in the same terrain but I am looking forward to lots of good wheeling with these Coopers. Got to also shout out Discount Tire on my end for a smoking deal. Great guys.

Ddays

Hooked
I was literally a day from ordering a set of Nitto Trail Graps when Eddie posted up mounting these tires on Rubicat 2 years ago. Granted, I've never run Trail Graps or Toyo Open Countrys, but there's been a shitload of others over the years and these are hands down the best tires I've ever driven off-road. They have gotten louder over their 30k + miles, but not overly so. I don't have any reason whatsoever to try anything different

Someone posted about difficulty mounting these to Machetes. These do have monstrously tight beads that suck big time getting over the wheel lips, but even my rookie ass got them mounted up. Can't believe a shop couldn't get that done. :thinking:

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

RockingK

Best tire commercial ever!

Why aren’t all commercials like this video, I’ll give them a try on my new project (1952 M37). This video rivals the RAM commercial with Eddie narrating not Sam....LOL. Great job👍👍👍

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Why aren’t all commercials like this video

Its too real, too raw. Todays marketing needs to be sensitive, and non offensive. :doh:
Someone who doesnt take their jeep off pavement would feel left out. What about the Prius guys?

Nah, middle aged, overly happy, average looking interracial couples, talking about safety, then randomly pulling their minivan into a driveway where a golden retriever is sitting on the front porch waiting for them is MUCH safer. :yup:

Last edited:

RockingK

its too real, too raw. Todays marketing needs to be sensitive, and non offensive. :doh:
Someone who doesnt take their jeep off pavement would feel left out. What about the prius guys?

Nah, middle aged, overly happy, average looking interracial couples, talking about safety, then randomly pulling their minivan into a driveway where a golden retriever is sitting on the front porch waiting for them is much safer. :yup:

omg lmfao 😂

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
omg lmfao ��

Maybe add in some shots of "dad" lightly watering of the bushes out front while the kids throw a red Frisbee around in the background with the dog, again talking about family and safety? Then "mom" comes out with a ridiculously cold glass of lemonade, gives it to "dad" they look at the camera, smile, and fad out to product on plain background so it pops... I'm just spit-balling here... :naw:

Fuck... forgot about feminism; we just offended them :doh: ok, ok, lets go around to the back of the house, "MOM" sitting in lounger, holding the brochure for our product, Big simle, "Dad" is cooking meat on the grill. Kids, keep throwing the Frisbee... we can do this!

DAMN it! No meat, vegans matter too, ok, dad just hanging out on a swing watching the kids play with the dog. YES

FUCK! what about the LGBT community, OK, No kids, and no house, lets just drive around the city, lady driving, then a man driving the same vehicle, but a different color, because they are both individuals, we'll voice over with vague statements about how buying this product will change your life (whichever life it is that you choose of course)... :gaah:

*side-effects may include DEATH :dont_tell:
**All claims made herein are for advertising purposes only, actual use my differ, XXXX inc. and XXXX video productions will not be held liable... Blah Blah Blah, etc, etc.

Last edited:

stitch1

Fuck... forgot about feminism; we just offended them :doh: ok, ok, lets go around to the back of the house, "MOM" sitting in lounger, holding the brochure for our product, Big simle, "Dad" is cooking meat on the grill. Kids, keep throwing the Frisbee... we can do this!

LOL I don't know why but this made me think of the old SNL skit.

get-off-the-shed.jpg

mauijim

that video made my spring fever worse!! but awesome!!

can't wait to get long overdue maintenance done and out wheeling!

I need new tires and am on the fence.

I like the Coopers but the audible factor for a daily driver, mostly freeway has me on hold.

another set of BFG's or Coopers :thinking:

I put on STT Pros 37’s a month ago and daily drive it cause it’s just more fun to drive than the car and there’s not that much road noise at all to me. And they’re so much softer feeling and no pull at all like my old tires. They’re great in the rain and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Same thing...

Not necessarily true. Depending on the manufacturer the sizing between the two can vary. I've matched up my Coopers 315/70/17 to Nitto TGs 35/12.5/17 and BFG MTs 35s and there's a difference. Mine are shorter and narrower than those brands. Not a huge difference but there is one. Just letting you know. Good luck with yours when you get them. They are a great tire. [emoji106]

dillard09

I love mine so far. Only have about 8k on them and had 1 blowout but not sure what it was from. It could have happened to any tire.
They do bite well offroad and have quite a bit of sidewall flex for how strong the sidewall is.
20170805_125535.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Not necessarily true. Depending on the manufacturer the sizing between the two can vary. I've matched up my Coopers 315/70/17 to Nitto TGs 35/12.5/17 and BFG MTs 35s and there's a difference. Mine are shorter and narrower than those brands. Not a huge difference but there is one. Just letting you know. Good luck with yours when you get them. They are a great tire. [emoji106]

Crap, You know, you’re right. I always thought it was exactly the same... My OCD may kick in and force me to go Toyo TG or right to Cooper 37’s.... I would want the biggest 35’s possible if I go that route. Tough decision... I really want the Coopers.

Chris Gearhart

Awesome video and recommendation! Definitely gonna get the 37’s. Thanks Eddie!

Sidebar: Am I missing something? The links show the 13” as $50 cheaper than the 12”. Maybe the 12s are just going like hot cakes—only 3 left.

Emptybrass

Just got them on my recon. 35” (ish). Now I just got to install the lift sitting in my shop.
IMG_5103.jpg

When in doubt, throttle out.

Ddays

Hooked
Awesome video and recommendation! Definitely gonna get the 37’s. Thanks Eddie!

Sidebar: Am I missing something? The links show the 13” as $50 cheaper than the 12”. Maybe the 12s are just going like hot cakes—only 3 left.

Not a typo - for some odd reason the 13.5's are considerably cheaper than the 12.5's. Weird. :idontknow: The 13.5's are load range E's too so there's more material in the sidewalls.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
What a great tire! Love the way they handle every terrain like a pro. Certainly my next tires for sure! Thanks for the video recommendation. [emoji16][emoji106]

DINKELROC

Great video, I like the tread pattern and sidewall tread, price is fair too. I will defiantly consider these when the time comes.

Top Bottom