VIDEO - EVO JK SPORT CAGE INSTALL : 2011-17 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

Angry Aussie

Another video I get no audio when I try to watch it on the app. The only time I got audio on a video was after I deleted the app and reinstalled it and I could hear sound on videos but I’m back to not being able to hear anything. All volumes are turned up and still nothing.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong, not the app. Any ideas? What have I done wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Another video I get no audio when I try to watch it on the app. The only time I got audio on a video was after I deleted the app and reinstalled it and I could hear sound on videos but I’m back to not being able to hear anything. All volumes are turned up and still nothing.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong, not the app. Any ideas? What have I done wrong?

That happens to me about 50% of the time. No rhyme or reason that I can detect.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
If you have a 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler or newer, want to install a sport cage to help protect your occupants but aren't really too fond of how much visibility you'll loose, the all new EVO Manufacturing Chromoly Sport Cage might be for you. Designed to offer strength and a greater amount of visibility, the EVO Sport Cage is completely laser cut, CNC press brake formed and fully fixture welded out of 4130 chromoly steel and in this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install.

To see more photos of the EVO cage installed, simply click on the link below:
NEW EVO Sport Cage for Rubicat - TONS OF PHOTOS

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B01M9G29V9&asins=B01M9G29V9&linkId=4278fda6451ce5effd626d2a34325eed&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

Just purchased my kit. Headed out to powdercoat today. Can't wait to get this installed! I read the instructions from start to finish before it arrived and found the video spot on and as always super helpful. Thanks for the instructional videos, keep 'em up!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just purchased my kit. Headed out to powdercoat today. Can't wait to get this installed! I read the instructions from start to finish before it arrived and found the video spot on and as always super helpful. Thanks for the instructional videos, keep 'em up!

Awesome! Hope the video helps you out with your install. :thumb:

bhaner

Another great video!

I have had the kit on my shop floor powder coated and ready to install for for months now.

Just been putting it off because I was worried about cutting the interior up and it not fitting over my big Alpine head unit.

After watching the video it really doesn't look so bad! Thanks!

Another thing... I thought my JK had something odd going on... The rear part of the factory cage is painted this strange green color. It looks like Rubicat has the same thing. Wonder why that is.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Another great video!

I have had the kit on my shop floor powder coated and ready to install for for months now.

Just been putting it off because I was worried about cutting the interior up and it not fitting over my big Alpine head unit.

After watching the video it really doesn't look so bad! Thanks!

Another thing... I thought my JK had something odd going on... The rear part of the factory cage is painted this strange green color. It looks like Rubicat has the same thing. Wonder why that is.

It’s the primer that they use at the factory, fortunately my jeeps have been commando green and gobi, so it is almost unnoticeable

bhaner

I started the cage project Monday night.

Noticed that I printed out the drill template but it wasn't to scale. So I made sure to get that correct the next day.

Yesterday afternoon I setup the drill template and got the holes drilled perfect! I even painted up the holes so they wouldn't rust.

Moved onto the next step of installing the A-Pillar support bar and connector plate.

Once the upper bolt was sucked up tight I was off almost a half hole! I wish the people writing the instructions would have made it so the template aligned with the A-Pillar support bar after you sucked it up. Then the holes wouldn't need to be bored out!

Just something to think about for those installing. Try to install the A-Pillar support and connector plate before you drill the 3 holes on each side. Try to match the template to the actual location of the holes.

bhaner

I'm looking to purchase this cage soon. My question is I have the Alpine x209-wra-or restyle and wondering if the dash cross bar would fit.

It fits with about 1/4" to spare. The storage space on top is also still usable. :thumb:

20190328_173129.jpg

20190328_173122.jpg

Last edited:

bhaner

Is there any interference to the headlight sensor. I think there was a thread on the forum last month where they needed to move the sensor for it to work properly. Looks like you left it in place, any problems?

Mine works fine, lights come on a little sooner as it does cast a shadow, but they work like normal unless you get into a shadowy area.

Mine seems to have quit working. Headlights are on on a sunny day now.

I wonder how much it would weaken the cross bar to radius above the sensor?

Not sure if the sensor can be moved. Thoughts?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So apparently there is a "Manufacture hold" on the EVO sport cages. Major bummer as I already paid for it and now have no idea if/when they are gonna make these. What sucks is I already have all the other cross-members, but I'm just missing the actual sport cage kit (which is obviouly the main part needed) Not sure what to do at this point.

JJ151

So apparently there is a "Manufacture hold" on the EVO sport cages. Major bummer as I already paid for it and now have no idea if/when they are gonna make these. What sucks is I already have all the other cross-members, but I'm just missing the actual sport cage kit (which is obviouly the main part needed) Not sure what to do at this point.

Any explanation as to why it’s on hold?

Top Bottom