VIDEO : Exploring Nevada's Explosive Past - Lunar Crater & Project Faultless

Hangemhigh1

Great Video Eddie
I Love Nevada there is so much to see and do off road here and just a stones throw away from where I live.:clap2:

jesse3638

Hooked
Great video and shared it with my co-workers. I love desert history and this has a striking similarity to the old Huel Howser series "California's Gold" on PBS (you may have heard of it when you lived in CA..;)). I used to watch and record them and look forward to more of your adventures.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video and shared it with my co-workers. I love desert history and this has a striking similarity to the old Huel Howser series "California's Gold" on PBS (you may have heard of it when you lived in CA..;)). I used to watch and record them and look forward to more of your adventures.

Thanks Jesse, we're flattered that you would make the comparison to Huell Howser. We absolutely adored his show and were heartbroken when he passed away. In our own small way, it is our hope that we might be able to carry on the spirit of what he did, here in Nevada. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video!! Hey Eddie haven't you've been to another test site before?

Hmmm, not a nuclear test site. Apparently, there are a few outside of the top secret NTS but I don't know if you can get out to them. I do intend to look for and find them if I can though :D

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, not a nuclear test site. Apparently, there are a few outside of the top secret NTS but I don't know if you can get out to them. I do intend to look for and find them if I can though :D

Just thought you did I could of sworn in one of your many adventures you had posted some pics of something similar. Looking forward to some more.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought you did I could of sworn in one of your many adventures you had posted some pics of something similar. Looking forward to some more.

Well, we've been out to a lot of places but the only other nuclear test site that I know of that you can get out to is Project Gasbuggy and that's near near Farmington, New Mexico.

Great editing.

A few months ago I had some radioactive materials training. Our instructors showed us videos of Project Faultless and other explosions that took place at the Nevada Proving Grounds. Very interesting and incredibly scary considering all the fallout. Need to get you a Geiger Counter Eddie. Woulda been cool to see any readings out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great editing.

A few months ago I had some radioactive materials training. Our instructors showed us videos of Project Faultless and other explosions that took place at the Nevada Proving Grounds. Very interesting and incredibly scary considering all the fallout. Need to get you a Geiger Counter Eddie. Woulda been cool to see any readings out there.

What we need is to just have you come out there with us and with your geiger counter :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! Not for this trip unless you're worried about gas. And, out there, it really is something to be concered with :shock:

eh, we more than likely will head out that way again but it is pretty far out there. You'd need to take some time off to do it.

Hmmm, challenge accepted. [emoji6][emoji106]

NV375

I see you drove through my back yard again. I consider anything within 50 miles of Nevada SR375 my yard. Gas is scarce in the area.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now we're talking :thumb:

Hmmm, challenge accepted. [emoji6][emoji106]

Guess we need to plan ourselves a trip :thumb:

I see you drove through my back yard again. I consider anything within 50 miles of Nevada SR375 my yard. Gas is scarce in the area.

Holy hell gas is scare out there :crazyeyes:

I'd be very interested in those readings.

You and me both! I so wish there were an app to make my phone into geiger counter. I mean, I can make my iPhone do just about everything else :crazyeyes:

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks Jesse, we're flattered that you would make the comparison to Huell Howser. We absolutely adored his show and were heartbroken when he passed away. In our own small way, it is our hope that we might be able to carry on the spirit of what he did, here in Nevada. :yup:
Yeah it was awesome and Huell came to mind immediately. As always the passion behind what you and Cindy do was evident. Now if you threw in a "Wow! So you mean to tell me...." Or a "Hey, get a load of this..." it'd be complete. Can't wait for the next installment.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom