VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 5 - NITTO JKX / Send it in the Oceano Sand Dunes

DMF

Holy crap Bubba, that was epic! What a great series Eddie and Cindy, love the videos.

Another great series to watch. I wonder if Moby is a little jealous of Jet Li and now the new JT. Glad to see him out again and got the bugs (wires) all fixed. He is one bad ass jeep, loved how he just sucked up those whoops.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sorry if this was asked but how is the fix bubba made working? Are you gonna go back to motech and have Robbie remove all the old unnecessary stuff in moby?

That rework of the dtd is AMAZING!!! Hopefully that girl that was saying a raptor is better was watching how that solid axle was soaking all those bumps up!

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Another awesome ride along! Thanks for taking us with you!

Viewer note: don’t think you can go out to a beer tasting event then come home and watch tv. Had to start over today[emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Noob question: what is the "FN" that the ghost wire was from?

Glad you guys got it fixed and had a great time. Love the scenery! Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
Great ending to a great series...I can almost hear Bubba day, as he became airborne...”look ma, I can...oh shit”...

Good to know that there is going to be another JKX...I might have to put in my application..

Exodus 4x4

Great ending to a great series...I can almost hear Bubba day, as he became airborne...”look ma, I can...oh shit”...

Good to know that there is going to be another JKX...I might have to put in my application..

Lol, actually I don’t know why but I was completely cool from top to bottom.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
conference room watching! everyone here, it's friday afternoon lol

everyone was amazed Exodus jumped that high and far, asked if my JK could do that -- took that opportunity to let them know for a donation of $$$...they told me to keep it on the ground :cheesy::cheesy:

Is the ghost wire repair on Moby a permanent repair? impressive that you kept rolling and hopefully no serious damage.

Enjoyed the history lessons, great series! :thumb:

So glad you enjoyed it. The Ghost wire fix just got us rolling but there are other things that have been affected by it being cut. Things like the O2 sensors. We need to make time to get Moby back into Motech and have them do a real fix.

Awesome series! It was great to see WAYALIFE filming another JKX run. Cheers to you both for a great job! [emoji482]

Thank you, happy to hear you enjoyed the series :)

Such an epic series! Thank you guys for all the hard work it takes to take put together a series like this!

We really do appreciate it. We've really been burning the midnight oil to get these done and as quickly as we have. Happy to hear you enjoyed it :)

Great series, well done! Thanks for sharing that with all of us!

Thank you :)

Great video highlighting the last couple days of the trip! I love the lone pine area, views are amazing. Dunes looked like a great time as well. Fortunately Moby was able to partake as it seemed like the new suspension upgrades were a big hit

The new suspension upgrade made a significant difference in his performance. It was cool to see someone like Randy, a guy who has the old setup take a ride in Moby and feel the difference for himself. :yup:

Wonderful video! Thank you so much for sharing this with us all! Electrical gremlins and all! This was a great ending to an epic journey! And there will be more!!! Yeah!!!

LOL - glad you enjoyed it :)

As always such a great conclusion to such a great trip. Thanks for taking us all along with you. I've always loved to Owen's valley so now I'm going to have to check out Cerro Gordo and the Salt Trams. The history out there is incredible.

Oh yeah, we love it out there too. Glad you enjoyed seeing it all :yup:

Loved every second....airborne JK..Now that's pushing the envelope!!!:thumb:

Awesome :)

Great Series Eddie & Cindy! All 5 were epic in their own way... Moby would be a blast in Glamis... He ate those whoops right up.

If my Jeep was broke like that, I’d probably be moody and frustrated... but there you are, right in the middle of that shit, giving history lessons. Lol.. Nice job you two... thanks for sharing.

LOL - fortunately, we were with good friends and so it was all good. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great job, I’ve always enjoyed the way you both document the adventure. This trip looked like a great time with friends.

Thank you. All we would ever hope to do is share the fun we had with our friends. Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing! Now I will see if I can find the first JKX if it’s out there!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to attend the first JKX being that our son was still in school at the time and we couldn't take that much time off of work. But, I think Falken made a video on it.

That was awesome. Loved the video editing of everyone getting on the bus. And really cool to see the pride that Synergy puts into their products with the quality control. I can really appreciate that for sure.

LOL - glad you had fun watching some of the fun we have editing our videos :)

Woooo binge watched them all. It’s probably been answered since but what’s the story on the guy that lost a wheel? Doing alright?

You mean in BUST? Ken made a full recovery and bought a new Jeep :)

Brilliant ending to a great series! I’m addicted to watching Warpig fly through the air, over and over. [emoji51]

Thanks again for taking us on the virtual trail with you!!!

LOL at Warpig :cheesy:

Beautiful landscape on this one, well maybe not Bakersfield. Lol

Cool ending to a great series! Pismo has always looked like a cool place to visit.

Too funny :D
Poor Bakersfield.

Awesome video again!

Thank you :)

Such and awesome series. You guys did such a great job capturing everything. You know, it was an amazing trip not just because of trails we wheeled or the sights we saw, but more because of the people. You guys provided so much knowledge as our unofficial “guides” out there and it definitely wouldn’t have been the same without you. This video series will no doubt allow me to remember all the little things that made this trip so special. Thanks again.

Thanks Bubba. Flattered you would say as much and it was great wheeling with you. Hope to do it again soon :thumb:

Thanks Eddie & Cindy for sharing this video series with us! It was great to get to wheel with you. This was a great trip thanks to all of the awesome people involved! What an experience!

Thanks Jason, it was awesome that you could make it out to this JKX and a real pleasure to wheel with you :)

That was a great video! You guys always make it feel like I’m right there with you. It’s really cool to see the different places and camaraderie.

We really do appreciate you saying as much. Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap Bubba, that was epic! What a great series Eddie and Cindy, love the videos.

LOL - that really was epic! :cheesy:

I honestly can't choose a part as my favorite as they all are, but with a gun to my head I'd say the Rubicon. Great series overall Eddie!!

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the series :)

Another great series to watch. I wonder if Moby is a little jealous of Jet Li and now the new JT. Glad to see him out again and got the bugs (wires) all fixed. He is one bad ass jeep, loved how he just sucked up those whoops.

We love our new JL and now JT but Moby is still the ultimate performer out on the trail. :yup:

Sorry if this was asked but how is the fix bubba made working? Are you gonna go back to motech and have Robbie remove all the old unnecessary stuff in moby?

That rework of the dtd is AMAZING!!! Hopefully that girl that was saying a raptor is better was watching how that solid axle was soaking all those bumps up!

LOL - no question, a Raptor can do cool shit but clearly, that gal has never ridden in a solid axle setup like Moby before.

Super busy until after SEMA but we're hoping to have Robbie give Moby a look after that.

Just finished all 5. Fantastic stuff!

LOL - long time no see! Hope you've been well and thanks - glad to hear you enjoyed the series :)

Another awesome ride along! Thanks for taking us with you!

Viewer note: don’t think you can go out to a beer tasting event then come home and watch tv. Had to start over today[emoji482]

LOL - too funny. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

I was almost late for work because of you and Cindy!

LOL - sorry about that :)

Great series Eddie and Cindy, one of your best imho!

Why thank you. We're so happy to hear it :)

Noob question: what is the "FN" that the ghost wire was from?

Glad you guys got it fixed and had a great time. Love the scenery! Nice work!

AFM - as in, Active Fuel Management. It's an LS thing and something we had never installed but somehow, got connected on our last upgrade.

WooHoo - be awesome if you could make it out :)

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
As always, You and Cindy have chronicled your adventure and brought it to the rest of us in such a fashion that we come away feeling as if we could have been there. And, will, in some regard, put it on out "to do" bucket list.
Thank you for the sharing, the effort of bringing it to us and for allowing us to be a part of this community.

Exodus 4x4

AFM - as in, Active Fuel Management. It's an LS thing and something we had never installed but somehow, got connected on our last upgrade.

On the AFM, you actually have specific lifters in the L94 and an extra plug on the back of the engine that allows that to work. So it’s kind of always there no matter what. The truck harness we use on Motech swaps includes the plug for AFM because it is a GM harness. If someone connected it during the original install then I suspect that’s the origin of the gremlin. I’m really curious to see what Robbie finds.

The AFM lifter thing is the reason I choose the L9H variant of the LS. If someone ever decides they want a cam upgrade, all I have to do is change the springs, cam, and delete the VVT. All that can be done pretty easily by pulling the front off the Jeep. On the L94 the heads have to be pulled and the lifters changed, something that becomes a bit challenging in the frame. Food for thought in case you ever decide you want to add some serious power to Moby. I was going to cam swap mine after the JKX but I’m thinking I might do something a little, bigger.[emoji41]

Top Bottom