VIDEO : Hauling a Heavy Load on AIR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Overlanding with a heavy RTT or roof top tent mounted on a heavy steel rack and with something like a heavy Decked storage system installed in the bed of a Jeep Gladiator, along with spare fuel, water and tons of gear, is in my opinion, what the ACCUAIR Suspension System was really made for. Essentially, carrying a lot of weight, without sagging and without compromising your ride quality. And, once unloaded, to still be at the exact same ride height! In this video, you'll get to see how ACCUAIR handles a heavy payload and automatically levels out your ride, simply by driving.

BUY WAYALIFE T-Shirts & MERCH: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.ca/

#jeep #airsuspension #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #maxpayload #autoleveling

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty impressive. Nice to see a company come out with something like this.
It really is nice and what I like most about it is the brains behind it, the fact that each air piston is controlled individually by it and that you can do so much with it and that it can do so much automatically. This makes the system way better than just "air bags" for springs.

jeeeep

Hooked
that's a lot to like and would be on the JLU if it didn't have LA/coilovers.

I emailed ACCUAIR about a JK version and they have one in the works.

The wild hair in the ass is thinking JKU LS swap, ACCUAIR, sell the JLU lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's a lot to like and would be on the JLU if it didn't have LA/coilovers.

I emailed ACCUAIR about a JK version and they have one in the works.

The wild hair in the ass is thinking JKU LS swap, ACCUAIR, sell the JLU lol
That is correct, ACCUAIR is waiting to get FMVSS 126 compliant handling certification for a JK before releasing the kit. I am told that should be this month though.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
That’s a really versatile system. I could see that being extremely useful.

Thanks for putting the video together, very informative!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a really versatile system. I could see that being extremely useful.

Thanks for putting the video together, very informative!
Glad you enjoyed the video. Clearly, there are suspension systems that can flex bigger and bomb across the desert way faster but for the right guy or gal who needs their Jeep to have adjustable heights, at the push of a button and is able to deal with varying degrees of weight - AUTOMATICALLY, I think this system handles all that well if not better than the alternatives.

Brute

Hooked
If I was going to buy a brand new JT for hauling and camping, this suspension would be a no brainer...I've already gone through three different sets of springs after changing the weight of the bed from multiple mods for changing Brute from a wheeling rig to a camping/fishing rig...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I was going to buy a brand new JT for hauling and camping, this suspension would be a no brainer...I've already gone through three different sets of springs after changing the weight of the bed from multiple mods for changing Brute from a wheeling rig to a camping/fishing rig...
I'm hoping we can keep this rig long enough to really test it out for towing and camping. I really do think it'll do great.

Couldn't help but laugh when you drove away with the truck squatted forward 🤣

I wouldn't be caught dead like that, my OCD ass would adjust it manually before driving off but it's cool how it can do that anyway! Lol, in all seriousness this is honestly a great option for overlanders. You're really pitching it well my friend!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't help but laugh when you drove away with the truck squatted forward 🤣

I wouldn't be caught dead like that, my OCD ass would adjust it manually before driving off but it's cool how it can do that anyway! Lol, in all seriousness this is honestly a great option for overlanders. You're really pitching it well my friend!
LOL - reminded me of a stink bug. Way too funny and super happy that the system fixes it automatically.

Glad you're liking our coverage of this thing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very impressive. As @Brute was saying, this system can really adapt and change as your build and even cargo change.
The adaptability and options is what really makes this kit desirable. I've literally been fighting the ass end sag thing on all my Jeeps for years and this thing would take care of it automatically.

Tixslam

Great video Eddie.
I would expect the Accuair system to work very well at hauling heavy loads. Air ride has been used for quite a while on semi's and heavy duty pickup's. Being self correcting is icing on the cake for the Accuair system.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video Eddie.
I would expect the Accuair system to work very well at hauling heavy loads. Air ride has been used for quite a while on semi's and heavy duty pickup's. Being self correcting is icing on the cake for the Accuair system.
Agreed, it should be a no brainer really and yes, the auto leveling bit is awesome. :)

Top Bottom