VIDEO : Improve Your JL or JT Headlights for Cheap by Installing LED Bulbs

The haters seem to think that installing LED bulbs in factory halogen housings will cause them to shine too brightly and make it difficult for on coming traffic to see. This is of course, not based on experience installing LED lights and learning how to properly aim them but rather, just being pissed off at LED lights they see at night that they assume were installed in housings not made for them. In any case, I'm apparently a "dickhead" for doing this.
I've been among those that crossed over to the dark side well over a year ago. The surprising thing is the JL headlight fixture has such good cutoff with LED bulbs. I was a doubter until I saw this video. You can plainly see how well the JL halogen fixtures perform with LED bulbs from several makers in this video. I bought the SV.4 H13 bulbs and spent the time to make sure they were properly aimed, and so haven't had any people flash me.

onlyone

The fogs will be a PSX24W. I installed a cheap set (29 bucks) from Amazon to match the Beamtech. The white color and brightness is great. The two together are terrific.

I think these will work from Beamtech. H16 should be the same as the PSX24W. I think this a link to @wayoflife amazon for Beamtech. If not, I apologize and please delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trail Bud

The fogs will be a PSX24W. I installed a cheap set (29 bucks) from Amazon to match the Beamtech. The white color and brightness is great. The two together are terrific.

I think these will work from Beamtech. H16 should be the same as the PSX24W. I think this a link to @wayoflife amazon for Beamtech. If not, I apologize and please delete.
Thanks for the information.
Question, I thought the fog lamp and housing were one piece. I look at a OEM fog light picture and it’s sold as one part.
So your saying the lamp just clips into the housing like the headlight. Tried to look but I didn’t have time to open up the housing in the bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the information.
Question, I thought the fog lamp and housing were one piece. I look at a OEM fog light picture and it’s sold as one part.
So your saying the lamp just clips into the housing like the headlight. Tried to look but I didn’t have time to open up the housing in the bumper.
Nope, things are different now. All you need to do is change out the bulb.

GP NOIR

@wayoflife,

Eddie, I got the Beamtech lamps for SWAMBO's Grand Cherokee. They are a significant improvement over stock and perform surprisingly well for the price point. We're very happy with the Beamtech lamps.

Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom