VIDEO : Improve Your JL or JT Headlights for Cheap by Installing LED Bulbs

Jeeper99

The haters seem to think that installing LED bulbs in factory halogen housings will cause them to shine too brightly and make it difficult for on coming traffic to see. This is of course, not based on experience installing LED lights and learning how to properly aim them but rather, just being pissed off at LED lights they see at night that they assume were installed in housings not made for them. In any case, I'm apparently a "dickhead" for doing this.
I've been among those that crossed over to the dark side well over a year ago. The surprising thing is the JL headlight fixture has such good cutoff with LED bulbs. I was a doubter until I saw this video. You can plainly see how well the JL halogen fixtures perform with LED bulbs from several makers in this video. I bought the SV.4 H13 bulbs and spent the time to make sure they were properly aimed, and so haven't had any people flash me.

onlyone

The fogs will be a PSX24W. I installed a cheap set (29 bucks) from Amazon to match the Beamtech. The white color and brightness is great. The two together are terrific.

I think these will work from Beamtech. H16 should be the same as the PSX24W. I think this a link to @wayoflife amazon for Beamtech. If not, I apologize and please delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trail Bud

Hooked
The fogs will be a PSX24W. I installed a cheap set (29 bucks) from Amazon to match the Beamtech. The white color and brightness is great. The two together are terrific.

I think these will work from Beamtech. H16 should be the same as the PSX24W. I think this a link to @wayoflife amazon for Beamtech. If not, I apologize and please delete.
Thanks for the information.
Question, I thought the fog lamp and housing were one piece. I look at a OEM fog light picture and it’s sold as one part.
So your saying the lamp just clips into the housing like the headlight. Tried to look but I didn’t have time to open up the housing in the bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the information.
Question, I thought the fog lamp and housing were one piece. I look at a OEM fog light picture and it’s sold as one part.
So your saying the lamp just clips into the housing like the headlight. Tried to look but I didn’t have time to open up the housing in the bumper.
Nope, things are different now. All you need to do is change out the bulb.

GP NOIR

Hooked
@wayoflife,

Eddie, I got the Beamtech lamps for SWAMBO's Grand Cherokee. They are a significant improvement over stock and perform surprisingly well for the price point. We're very happy with the Beamtech lamps.

Thanks for the tip!

1redrubi

Would those led work in a JK. I have some cheap LEDs that I’m not happy with.
I bought led bulbs from Headlight experts,,,very happy with results ,so i also bought driving led bulbs BUT they were too bright to use with low beams so i wired them to come on with high beams,,,,awesome light now !!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought led bulbs from Headlight experts,,,very happy with results ,so i also bought driving led bulbs BUT they were too bright to use with low beams so i wired them to come on with high beams,,,,awesome light now !!!
LOL - umm, what? Sounds like you have the bulbs installed upside down or whatever brand you got aren't designed right.

1redrubi

LOL - umm, what? Sounds like you have the bulbs installed upside down or whatever brand you got aren't designed right.
Nope,I read the instructions a couple times before installing.All is good BUT man bright.I like the way i have it geared now ,,,lots of light on high beams,and still plenty on low's...

WJCO

Meme King
I just got some of these Beamtechs for both Jeeps. Planning on installing soon. Has anyone done this on a JL or JT with a winch already installed? Or pulled the grill for any matter with a winch installed? Hoping I don't have any issues, but the winch sits really close to the grill on mine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got some of these Beamtechs for both Jeeps. Planning on installing soon. Has anyone done this on a JL or JT with a winch already installed? Or pulled the grill for any matter with a winch installed? Hoping I don't have any issues, but the winch sits really close to the grill on mine.
It takes a bit more effort but you should technically be able to change out the bulbs without removing the grill. You just need to unscrew the plastic caps on the back of the light housings.

mtudb24

I installed them about 4 weeks ago (head lights and fogs) and while I really like them and will keep them, I have the flicker which kind of sucks. But even with that, they are still 1000% better then factory halogens

Attachments

• beam techs.jpg
    beam techs.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 0

onlyone

Mine was really close but I was able to pull the grille out. Just barely.

Attachments

• CDE817F6-3797-4745-A7B2-22CB8C17EE70.jpeg
    CDE817F6-3797-4745-A7B2-22CB8C17EE70.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom