VIDEO : Long Overdue Maintenance for MOBY + MORE = PREP for the JKX - Part 1

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
VIDEO : Long Overdue Maintenance for MOBY + MORE = PREP for the JKX Part 1

Looks like some serious work. I plan to do the same this winter. I have the big boy shocks though. [emoji385]
I’m looking forward to seeing it in action.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
That was impressive seeing his daughter Rebuild the Kings... Clearly there is a learning curve with those shocks. Cool Video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the info! Thanks for putting it together for us all. I’m sure there will be some coilovers getting serviced soon after the good content here!

LOL!! Glad we could share this with everyone. Getting coilovers serviced is just as important as getting your engine oil changed. If you want them to perform their best, you need to maintain them :yup:

Hey Eddie,

Great video, question for you. With the larger tires and all the weight of on the Jeep, what did you do to get the extra power beside regearing the Moby?

Ron

That would be an LS swap just a little while ago. [emoji6]

I have so many other things to do to mine before getting coilovers, but I’ve learned a ton here about them. Especially in this video. It’s cool to see Harley working at the family business and clearly seems to know exactly what she’s doing. [emoji1303]

LOL - What USMC Wrangler said ^^^^

That was a masters class in shock valving. Absolutely amazing the knowledge that is in that shop. I know where my kings are going to get rebuilt! Thanks for taking us along.

You bet. Glad you found the video to be informative :cool:

Super cool to see how it all works. Harley is a badass. Mel is like the Einstein of the off road world. I’m sure Moby enjoyed his Spa treatment.

LOL - it was well needed for sure but only the first step in getting him ready for the JKX :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Eddie now lets see it bomb across the desert.

Man, I'm dying to do it and get you footage of it :yup:

RubiCat and Moby ride again!

Should be a lot of fun :yup:

That was uber imformative and explains why the KING 2.5's I was running went bleh and felt like i was on tree stumps in less than a year.

When they were new they begged to go faster on teh trails and I accommodated :thumb:

Cost was the biggest factor in my decision to sell them. At the time, no shops around here to rebuild them and shipping them for maintenance was :shock::shock:

After watching this, I believe I could handle the maintenance job if i get another set. :thumb:

Moby sounds awesome!!

Getting setup to service your own coilovers isn't cheap but it will pay for itself in the long run. I'm just way too busy to want to make time for it and that's why I have Off Road Evolution do it for me. Beside, Harley can do it in her sleep. :yup:

Definitely looked like a 50+ exam. Even had the rear end checked. Lol. Did Moby have to turn his wheel and cough? 🤣

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Great information there. Mel did a awesome job explaining the King shock rebuild process and how they work.

Oh yeah, few people know this stuff the way Mel does. :crazyeyes:

Right? I heard “yearly rebuild” and thought no thanks.

LOL - clearly, they're not for everyone but if you want the best, ya gotta pay to play.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was a great video packed with a ton of shock info.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed seeing it :)

No t-shirts, sorry [emoji849]

Excited to check out the changes to Moby though!

Looking forward to seeing you soon. When do you pull into town?

Very informative video, excited to see more of the custom work, even if it's in person. Also, good for Moby for getting some new life infused into him!

Man, we need to make that "in person" look happen sooner than later. :yup:

Looks like some serious work. I plan to do the same this winter. I have the big boy shocks though. [emoji385]
I’m looking forward to seeing it in action.

Yeah, I think your rig is well overdue too :crazyeyes:

That was impressive seeing his daughter Rebuild the Kings... Clearly there is a learning curve with those shocks. Cool Video.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Great job Harley and Mel on explaining how a shock works.
And I can't believe Harley keeps growing up, met her when she was like 10 or so a LONG time ago.
:icon_crazy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Always wondered how the bypass shocks up front worked. It really is amazing that they can control the oil flow and act as a bump stop as well to maximize travel

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Moby is going from badass JKU to Badass prototype....Engine Swap, tranny / axle changes, Coilovers, Custom frame and suspension etc etc....:clap2::clap2::shock::shock:

Brute

Hooked
Great vid...very informative in regard to shock rebuilding and theory.

And you thought it was hard to keep up with Moby before...

benatc1

Hooked
Awesome! Glad you enjoyed seeing it :)

Looking forward to seeing you soon. When do you pull into town?

Man, we need to make that "in person" look happen sooner than later. :yup:

Yeah, I think your rig is well overdue too :crazyeyes:

Glad you enjoyed it :)
Yes we do! Should get beers soon

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

dvhorn00

Thank you VERY much for posting this video! I recently installed an EVO Enforcer Pro kit on my JK and I have a lot to learn about maintenance and setup. I absolutely love the ride both on and off road and I want to make sure I maintain the shocks properly. It was awesome to see Mel and his daughter working on the shocks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom