VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 1 - JL Wranglers on Gold Bar Rim & Golden Spike

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was a really awesome experience and special treat for Michelle and I. Thank you Eddie and Cindy. The video really does an outstanding job sharing what the JL can do with those that are considering it. And you can never find a better setting than Moab to do it.

I was pretty confident that the JK was a great platform without much room to improve on. But, after seeing what these minimally modified JLs were capable of, I’m convinced the JL is a game changer.

Guess we are going to plan on getting one[emoji106][emoji41]

Hey Et, it was great that you and Michelle could join us for this trip. We had a great time with the two of you and really appreciate your awesome cooking! It was a shame you had to leave early and hope all went well with the construction back at home.

Looking forward to seeing your new JL and doing this again soon ;)

Great video and story line as usual! Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

So glad you liked it, thank you :cool:

tjgoff

Love it. Now I'm interested to see what kind of bumper/tire carrier you guys decide to get. I was also surprised to see stock mufflers. This is the first JL video I've watched so I'm sure I've missed some of the setup.

Its almost like WAYALIFE has been rebooted... in a good way. We all love seeing MOBY and RUBICAT taking on these trails, and I have often revisited those videos. But seeing you guys tackle them in a new platform that isn't built up much, it gives the channel a new, fresh feel and vibe. Cant wait for more to come! Perhaps next time I can free up a day or two and meet you guys down there.

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks like a great trip for sure. The new JL's look good, even better being put to use. Was there a big difference in traction between the 12.50 and 13.50? As always great video. Definitely need to get back out there again. Thanks for putting it together, can't wait for the next installment!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Great video. The JLs looked great. I'm curious, what happened to the lockers on the JK?

I tend to be a bit zealous with zip ties. I zip tied the rear locker wire with not enough play when theres a lot of droop. Halfway through trail hit obstacle where droop overdid the play and pulled the wire out of the diff plug. Have e-locker. Lesson learned. [emoji15][emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LōD Offroad;1038747 said:
Another great video Eddie, thank you! :yup:

Thanks guys and thank you big time for helping us out in a pinch :thumb:

Another great video, Can't wait to see part 2.

Thanks! We're hard at work on part 2 now :yup:

Love it. Now I'm interested to see what kind of bumper/tire carrier you guys decide to get. I was also surprised to see stock mufflers. This is the first JL video I've watched so I'm sure I've missed some of the setup.

At the moment, we're running bumperless like our JK's and really like the look. As far as mufflers go, there aren't too many options available at this time or at least, ones that we like. We'll run it until we find something better.

tjgoff

Thanks guys and thank you big time for helping us out in a pinch :thumb:

Thanks! We're hard at work on part 2 now :yup:

At the moment, we're running bumperless like our JK's and really like the look. As far as mufflers go, there aren't too many options available at this time or at least, ones that we like. We'll run it until we find something better.

Or knock it off I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Its almost like WAYALIFE has been rebooted... in a good way. We all love seeing MOBY and RUBICAT taking on these trails, and I have often revisited those videos. But seeing you guys tackle them in a new platform that isn't built up much, it gives the channel a new, fresh feel and vibe. Cant wait for more to come! Perhaps next time I can free up a day or two and meet you guys down there.

LOL!! Thanks, it really was fun to start all over again with the JL. It'd be great to hook up with you next time around :yup:

Looks like a great trip for sure. The new JL's look good, even better being put to use. Was there a big difference in traction between the 12.50 and 13.50? As always great video. Definitely need to get back out there again. Thanks for putting it together, can't wait for the next installment!

I think both tires performed the same. As I'm sure Tony and Et can tell you now, they hook up amazingly well in a place like Moab. :yup:

Great video. The JLs looked great. I'm curious, what happened to the lockers on the JK?

I tend to be a bit zealous with zip ties. I zip tied the rear locker wire with not enough play when theres a lot of droop. Halfway through trail hit obstacle where droop overdid the play and pulled the wire out of the diff plug. Have e-locker. Lesson learned. [emoji15][emoji849]

Looks like Et answered this for ya :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
Ain't that the truth! Glad you liked the video :)

It really is a must at least once in your life :)

Thanks! It'd be great to have you out there with us and hopefully sooner than later. :yup:

Thank you! Regarding stingers, I have to say that I'm amazed that after all these years, NOBODY is still making one for sale. :crazyeyes:

Thanks, we're glad you liked it and I'm sure you'll have a great time out there :)

Weird to watch and a little unnerving to experience first hand.
We really need to get you out there with us again. :yup:

LOL!! Yes, I would focus on what you've got now and get it out there first :D

Thanks! We're so glad to hear it :)

You need to hurry up and get a JL so that you can hit the trails with us again my friend!! :thumb:

Your telling me! I’ve been itching real bad. Soon my friend, soon

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WranglerAz

I am researching them move from my 2000 TJ to the new JL and I find these videos to be educational (since there are features I did not know about) and informational (since you talk enough detail about the products you have and more importantly why you choose them. Since I have 33x12.50 tires, I am curious why one of choose 12.5 and the other did not.

ibgpin

I really enjoyed this video as it brought back some very fond memories. Did this trail in my 2005LJ several years ago and miss the whole Moab thing. What I appreciated about your video is the ability to carry a 37" tire on the stock tail gate without problems. Don't get me wrong, the whole video was interesting but you showed me I can't mount a large tire as a spare without going to great expense. My tire and wheel combo will be about 30 lbs less then yours so I should be good to go. The stinger is something I haven't seen before and I can certainly see its advantage especially in a place like Moab. Thanks for another great video that will help me with the build of my soon arriving JL.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video! Awesome scenery with useful info on setting up the JL.

I am always excited when I see an email from you, thanks Eddie and Cindy.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I missed what happened in the vid. I'm gonna to take another look at my elocker wiring. hahaha.

Top Bottom