VIDEO : MOBY Climbing Sand Ledge on Moab's Metal Masher Trail

I think this was the infamous ledge that in one of your video's awhile back, someone bit a few teeth off their rear ring gear on this obstacle?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think this was the infamous ledge that in one of your video's awhile back, someone bit a few teeth off their rear ring gear on this obstacle?

LOL!! Yep, that would be Trail Bud who bit off a few teeth and to the right of the tree where it still can be tough but is a lot easier than where Cindy went up. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched it for the second time! Absolutely fantastic! Also gives me hope that my wife and I will be able to conquer obstacles like that with our standard trans. :yup: (with bigger tires of course)

Automatics are without question a lot easier to wheel but if you can learn how to do stuff like this in a manual, it can be a lot of fun :yup:

I just watched it a second time as well. Very impressive. I've got to get my fiancé to have the desire to learn to drive the six speed. When it comes to off-roading, both she and the jeep are a work in progress!

LOL!! Keep working at it then :D

Awesome climb!:thumb: You've got to post up Cindy's climb up Rock Chucker.:thumb::thumb:

Good call! We'll have to work on that :thumb:

LOL!! Yep, that would be Trail Bud who bit off a few teeth and to the right of the tree where it still can be tough but is a lot easier than where Cindy went up. :yup:

Hey Eddie have you guys ever run Moab Rim? I'm running it this year at EJS and i'm a little nervous, i'm not an expert LOL. I'm running 37's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie have you guys ever run Moab Rim? I'm running it this year at EJS and i'm a little nervous, i'm not an expert LOL. I'm running 37's.

:cheesy: Oh yeah, I hate that trail! You're literally wheeling off camber up ledges right on the edge of a cliff. Going up, when you look to your left, all you see is the Colorado River 400 feet below :shock: :crazyeyes: :D

:cheesy: Oh yeah, I hate that trail! You're literally wheeling off camber up ledges right on the edge of a cliff. Going up, when you look to your left, all you see is the Colorado River 400 feet below :shock: :crazyeyes: :D

Yeah pretty much LOL. I was very lucky to live in Utah for 15 years and I went to Moab a lot, but never really wheeled hard. I hiked Moab rim one time and I was pretty frightened, I couldn't believe that anyone would actually bring their vehicle up there!

Brute

Hooked
I just watched it a second time as well. Very impressive. I've got to get my fiancé to have the desire to learn to drive the six speed. When it comes to off-roading, both she and the jeep are a work in progress!

My wife hits the side of the garage backing out with her car several times a year (with a reverse camera)...hence why I'll be in Moab by my lonesome (my jeep thanks me)....

Top Bottom