VIDEO : SEMA 2022 Day 3 - All Kinds of New Jeep Parts & Accessories

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I kicked off Day 3 of the 2022 SEMA Show over at the first and biggest display you come across, as soon as you enter the Off Road hall - Truck Hero! There, we checked out some of the new bumpers, skid plates and other products that Rugged Ridge has coming out, as well as a new long arm suspension system that Superlift had and miscellaneous cladding that Bushwacker had. We then made our way over to Bestop where learned about a new hard top removal and storage service provided by JOIIIO. From there, we visited Quake to see their new lights and controllers and then stopped over at Apex Chassis to learn about their Jeep steering system. Another stop we made was to Acumen as they had a cool new rear view mirror that doubles as a dash cam, reverse cam AND more importantly, a switch system. Last but not least, we finished up our day over at SendCutSend, a company that I use on a regular basis and one that I think a few of you might be able to use as well.

We hope you enjoyed our coverage of the show and be sure to watch till the very end and let us know what you think! :cool:

#sema2022 #jeep #wayalife #semashow2022 #sema #semashow #jeepwrangler #jeepgladiator #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiatortruck #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #truckhero #ruggedridge #superlift #bushwacker #joiiio #bestop #quakeled #apexchassis #acumen #sendcutsend #4xe #lasvegas #lvcc #lasvegasconventioncenter

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
omg , did they record that audio at the zoo?? big cat feeding time? :ROFLMAO:

the Acumen system was pretty cool but not sold on how practical it would be having to switch to the proper menu to activate a light vs the current panels. The contrast made the icons on the rearview mirror hard to see.

Send Cut Send, that's something I can use now (y)

thanks for the coverage! glad to see SEMA happen again.

now, about that JT video... No there will be no break! lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
omg , did they record that audio at the zoo?? big cat feeding time? :ROFLMAO:

the Acumen system was pretty cool but not sold on how practical it would be having to switch to the proper menu to activate a light vs the current panels. The contrast made the icons on the rearview mirror hard to see.

thanks for the coverage! glad to see SEMA happen again.

now, about that JT video... No there will be no break! lol
LOL - Cindy and I literally saw an old Star Trek episode where a lady turns herself into a big black cat and the silly roar she made sounded a lot like it. Way too funny.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly, there are others within Dodge that aren't "happy" about the sound. There was literally a makeshift booth setup outside for people to listen to different... "tunes" and give their 2¢ about them. Apparently, they are still working on it LOL
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg

Can't make this shit up.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Great coverage Eddie & Cindy... as always.

View attachment 381448
Why don't they stop trying to imitate and make the electric motors louder. Any one who has spent time around high voltage electric motors know they can be loud and I think the loud humming high pitch buzzing can be pretty impressive sounding. Sticking a baseball card in the spokes would be better then what they have been doing so far.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't they stop trying to imitate and make the electric motors louder. Any one who has spent time around high voltage electric motors know they can be loud and I think the loud humming high pitch buzzing can be pretty impressive sounding. Sticking a baseball card in the spokes would be better then what they have been doing so far.
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Rather than make fake V8 sounds with an electronic keyboard, why not amplify the sounds the motor actually makes.

kevman65

Hooked
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Rather than make fake V8 sounds with an electronic keyboard, why not amplify the sounds the motor actually makes.
Originally, wasn't the quietness of electric vehicles one of their big selling points? Now they think if they make it sound like a V-8 people will overlook all the shortcomings.

WJCO

Meme King
That tire carrier is bad ass. I really may look into getting that. Did you happen to notice if the backup camera still shows through the middle of the two swing arms? I assume not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Originally, wasn't the quietness of electric vehicles one of their big selling points? Now they think if they make it sound like a V-8 people will overlook all the shortcomings.
Like I said before, making an electric muscle car sound like it has a V8 is like making meatless burgers for vegans. It's lame. If you love electric, great! Embrace it for all that it is - don't try to make into something that you have to convince yourself that it's, "just as good".

Top Bottom