VIDEO : Simple Fix for Minor Tire Rub at a Full Turn

Great video, such a simple fix, especially for those on the fence about 275 vs 285 widths on Sport/Sahara stock axles.

I wonder why modest lifts like the Synergy 2" or the Clayton 1.5" call for a 4.5 backspace even for 33" tires. Is this because of the non stock swaybar link length the cause of potential rub OR is the reason the axle shift that is causing stock wheels to rub on LCA?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, not all 33's are made the same and some are wider than others. Also, without an adjustable front track bar, you will see a slight shift in the axle and enough so that it could cause rubbing like you see in this video. Running wheels with less back spacing has always been the go to answer to address this but if the rubbing is minor, I personally feel this is a better and easier answer.

First off, not all 33's are made the same and some are wider than others. Also, without an adjustable front track bar, you will see a slight shift in the axle and enough so that it could cause rubbing like you see in this video. Running wheels with less back spacing has always been the go to answer to address this but if the rubbing is minor, I personally feel this is a better and easier answer.

Assuming the tire and wheel before lift didn't rub, can i assume that as long as the axle is centered post lift and the caster is back to spec I should be able to use the same tire+wheel after lifting without any rub?

Top Bottom