VIDEO : Stock KIA Sorento Attempts Hell's Gate in Moab

RedRocker

Richard Mick (the driver) has probably done Hell's Gate so many times driving for Dan Mick's Jeep tours that he could do it blind folded.

desertrunner

I wish they had more video focus on the top weird off camber ledge, if you go straight up it I had one of my front 37s like 3' off the ground and if you make a left turn up there it's real sketchy. I wonder if he stopped and backed up and went harder left right up there to avoid that. Either way in a JK with 37 I had major pucker factor up there I can't imagine it in that thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maineiac

This video just saved me more money than Geico! I was going to start spending money and start my build. I guess all I need to do is buy a few extra pairs of underwear and practice practice practice my driving skill!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Richard Mick (the driver) has probably done Hell's Gate so many times driving for Dan Mick's Jeep tours that he could do it blind folded.

Driver experience with that obstacle makes a huge difference. I've run Hell's a few times but personally wouldn't do hells gate without an experienced spotter or guide along with me. I've seen plenty of built up jeeps (way more built than mine) struggle and nearly flip over towards the top. Still, that's really impressive that the Kia made it up. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Driver experience with that obstacle makes a huge difference. I've run Hell's a few times but personally wouldn't do hells gate without an experienced spotter or guide along with me. I've seen plenty of built up jeeps (way more built than mine) struggle and nearly flip over towards the top. Still, that's really impressive that the Kia made it up. Thanks for sharing.

The driver apparently has plenty of experience on the obstacle...he did it with far more speed than most do most likely because of no lockers...

A very effective ad for Kia...kudos to them

BlacknRedJK

I was in Moab the week before they filmed this. We stopped by Dan Mick’s to use the shop to fix a friends Jeep. Richard and Dan were telling us that they planned to use a tow strap front and rear to get the Kia into the obstacle without damage. Dan was saying by the end of the video there wouldn’t be much left without damage and the video we all see will be highly edited. Pretty crazy how many times both father and son have run that trail and obstacle.

fiend

Caught the Bug
A ton of editing there. Probably stitched together with several days’ worth of footage. Would like to see the vehicle at the end. Still, a fun ad for KIA.

Brute

Hooked
I was on the Rubicon two years ago when FCA took a stock Grand Cherokee and ran the trail for a commercial...what you didn't see (which we did) was the army of rock stackers accompanying the Jeep...

Top Bottom