VIDEO : TRADITION - A Rubicon Trail Adventure in Our Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved this video, makes me want to drop what I'm doing and head to the Rubicon. Great job, thanks.

:cheesy: Then I guess we did our job :D

Thanks for the entertainment! Best part of this work trip so far

Sweet!! So glad to hear it didn't disappoint :cool:

Awesome video of a great trip. It’s amazing to see what you guys can do to capture the fun and adventure of it. We just ran the Rubicon in August and it was great to see how you documented a trail I’ve run. We even stayed in the same spot at Rubicon Springs.
I learn something every time I watch one of your videos, I’m for sure adding bailing wire to my trail kit along with extra u joint nuts. Oh and those little shot glasses are going along next time too [emoji1360].
How much air were you running in the Coopers, it looks like you might have been a little higher than you usually run, for the height maybe?
Great stuff! Thanks for all the work to put it together.

Good eye! No, we weren't running as low of a PSI this time and specifically because we didn't want to lose any more clearance than needed.

Looks like a super fun trip! Seeing a two door on 35’s make it shows me I’ve got a decent shot haha. The video was great and the trail repair parts were interesting as others said. Gives a good sense of things that have a chance to fail and the methods you guys used to fix them. I’ll have to add a BFH to my trail kit lol

Oh yeah, a 2-door on 35's will do great on the Rubicon and yes, a BFH is a must :yup:

Great video. I really enjoyed the segment featuring the repairs of the steering stabilizer and the rear track bar etc. Showed tons of ingenuity and self reliance. Good things to have in the middle of nowhere. Looks like Cindy is added a drone to her arsenal. DJI Mavic Air?
Sucks about the body damage.

Thanks! We're glad that you enjoyed the repairs segment and that you found them educational. As far as drones go, yes, we're now carry a Mavic Air with us for trips like this. Nice, super small and easy to carry when space is limited. :yup:

Just watched the video. Really enjoyed seeing the trail repairs. Great video. Using the drone has really added to your videos. Looking forward to the next one.

So glad to hear it, thanks!

Another great production! Watched it once on my phone and again last night on the tv. Thank you to Eddie, Cindy and the Wayalife gang for sharing your adventures!

Glad to hear it was worth a second watch and on the big screen :cool:

Joy and i watched last night .. Honestly the video was great but they always are. I really enjoyed seeing Doug out there smiling and breaking shit of course.. because that's what Trailbreak does.. haha! I had to pinky promise last night we will be out there soon with you guys.

See you kids soon!

It would be great to have you out there with us again :thumb:

Trail Bud

Hooked
I wanted to watch the whole thing in one sitting so I’m posting late.
In a word WOW!! Just loved the video showing the sights, the issues, the good times. As Bob said this was a life event. Something you remember for life.
Thanks for the memories!!
Til next time.

Both my buddy and his wife both just bought JLs. Sent him a link to this video time stamped to the drain plug leak. Guess rancho is going to be selling at least two more skids. hahaha....

JeepDad17

Epic video for an epic adventure, thanks for sharing! The Rubicon is on my list of must do trails, but have to get my Jeep a little better prepared first. Hopefully Cindy didn't get on you too bad for the dent in JetLi, I know my wife would have been pretty upset if I dented our new Jeep! Keep making videos, love to see the places you guys explore, inspires me to get out and wheel.

Great video! I enjoyed seeing you guys interact with each other on video instead of just through your words on this forum. I'm glad you didn't edit out any of your real time responses. Like when you got the body damage hitting that large rock. You could see the real life frustration that any of us would of had at that moment.

It most certainly is. Can’t wait for New Years and the Mohave. Wouldn’t miss that for anything. Thanks for an awesome year of adventures!

jesse3638

Hooked
Epic video for an epic adventure, thanks for sharing! The Rubicon is on my list of must do trails, but have to get my Jeep a little better prepared first. Hopefully Cindy didn't get on you too bad for the dent in JetLi, I know my wife would have been pretty upset if I dented our new Jeep! Keep making videos, love to see the places you guys explore, inspires me to get out and wheel.
He was just getting her back for the body damage she did on Moby a few years ago..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimmypaget

Great video! I actually watched it before the email from YouTube was sent out saying it was a new one! I always enjoy this type of video with the commentary and behind the scene stuff! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
What a great video, I really enjoyed it! I like when you guys do these longer videos, I’m sure they’re not easy to put together. The fan on the JL sure sounds loud, but maybe it’s not that bad in person? I really need to make it out there sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bwdesignworks

Awesome video once again! I like how you show the trail fixes you do to keep thing rolling. Makes me keep adding to the tools and parts to bring out just in case....

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Great video, always cringe when seeing damage done. But it's definitely the nature of the beast playing outdoors!

Good inspiration to get out more though. Thanks for sharing.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Pleasure to watch as usual. Looks like great group of friends and fun times, you guys were cracking me up lol. Seems like it’s time for a pumpkin glider, hope it doesn’t look too gay [emoji23]. Seriously though, what the duck was Dana thinking putting that drain plug right there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to watch the whole thing in one sitting so I’m posting late.
In a word WOW!! Just loved the video showing the sights, the issues, the good times. As Bob said this was a life event. Something you remember for life.
Thanks for the memories!!
Til next time.

Glad that you finally got a chance to watch the video and enjoyed it. Good times for sure :cool:

Both my buddy and his wife both just bought JLs. Sent him a link to this video time stamped to the drain plug leak. Guess rancho is going to be selling at least two more skids. hahaha....

LOL!! Well, if he does order one, you can point him to this Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2PJReoB :cool:

Really enjoyed the video. Sucks about the carnage to your Jeep. But from what I saw it could have been a lot worse.

Oh yeah, it could have been a LOT worse had I pushed forward. :icon_crazy:

Oh no, Cindy was all good. I think maybe she was just glad that I was the first to do body damage :crazyeyes:

Great video! I enjoyed seeing you guys interact with each other on video instead of just through your words on this forum. I'm glad you didn't edit out any of your real time responses. Like when you got the body damage hitting that large rock. You could see the real life frustration that any of us would of had at that moment.

LOL!! Well, we can't make any of that stuff up and we're glad that you could join in the fun even if only vicariously :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He was just getting her back for the body damage she did on Moby a few years ago..haha.

Actually, I think that was more of her getting back at me for all the damage I had done before that :crazyeyes:

Great video! I actually watched it before the email from YouTube was sent out saying it was a new one! I always enjoy this type of video with the commentary and behind the scene stuff! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, we're so glad you have fun watching this video :)

Another awesome video. Love all the banter back and forth. Reminds me of when I’m wheeling with my friends. Bummer about the body damage.

It's all good and all part of the experience. Glad you enjoyed the video.

What a great video, I really enjoyed it! I like when you guys do these longer videos, I’m sure they’re not easy to put together. The fan on the JL sure sounds loud, but maybe it’s not that bad in person? I really need to make it out there sometime.

Oh no, the fan is even more obnoxious in person. But, it does a great job of keeping the engine cool. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Awesome video once again! I like how you show the trail fixes you do to keep thing rolling. Makes me keep adding to the tools and parts to bring out just in case....

Thanks and glad to see we were able to inspire you to pack more tools :)

Great video, always cringe when seeing damage done. But it's definitely the nature of the beast playing outdoors!

Good inspiration to get out more though. Thanks for sharing.

I hate to say that we got lucky catching the moment of damage but I'm glad that we were able to share it with all of you :)

Pleasure to watch as usual. Looks like great group of friends and fun times, you guys were cracking me up lol. Seems like it’s time for a pumpkin glider, hope it doesn’t look too gay [emoji23]. Seriously though, what the duck was Dana thinking putting that drain plug right there.

I dunno about Dana. They haven't exactly been impressing me over the last 10 years. As far as the glide plate goes, already got one :)

Excellent video def enjoy watching the improv on the repairs....

Thanks! We're so glad you liked it :)

Top Bottom