Warebears JKUR Build ☺️

Warebear

Hey all! I guess I'll update a little bit! I haven't had time at all to be as active on here as I'd like.
Just came off deployment, PCS to Washington for school, and now going to Hawaii to deploy again. So at least when I get back this time, I'll be updating with suspension and more eventful upgrades.

But for now...

Some of you saw my pics from my cross country trip, but here they are again.

Stopped in CO to pick up a roof rack. I hate clutter in the Jeep...
IMG_7386.JPG

From there, attempted to do some of the BDR in CO, it didn't go so well. Made it maybe 15 miles and turned around.
IMG_7385.JPG

Highways were a mess..
IMG_7383.JPG

Spent the night in Moab, and of course had to adventure some. Also tried to do some of the BDR from Utah south to Arizona.
IMG_7382.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG
IMG_7380.JPG

Had to get the Warn out here, decided I might be in over my head, being that I was alone with no extra fuel or food. Didn't know how long the rest of the trail would take...
IMG_7378.JPG

So I turned around and headed about 25 miles back to Moab...
IMG_7377.JPG

Middle of nowhere, Midwest...
IMG_7384.JPG

Starting to run out of time, I headed to HWY1. I stopped and went to the Hotrod Roadster Show in LA. Anyone else go? Those cars left me in shock. Awesome show.

Anyway, I shopped in Pismo just for fun.
IMG_7376.JPG
IMG_7375.JPG

Then found this gem, Usal Beach
IMG_7374.jpg
IMG_7373.JPG

Found my way up some really fun logging roads in Oregon
IMG_7372.JPG
IMG_7371.JPG

Stopped to see the giants.
IMG_7370.JPG

I have hundreds of pics and videos, these are just some of my favs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Warebear

Used the forums writeup to do diffs. I'm going to have to get better at staying on top of this.
IMG_7396.jpg

My skids have seen some shit...
IMG_7397.jpg

Also, is this bad? Terrible place for a bracket...
IMG_7399.jpg
IMG_7400.jpg

Warebear

Picked up some goodies...
IMG_7416.jpg

Emailed Painless Performance, they are finishing up a product that will work for those of us with a third peddle. So I'll get that bad boy and install this compressor.

Warebear

Also stopped at ORE on my trip and talked with Drew for a while. Decided to go Enforcer 4". Are the king shocks worth it? Or should I stick with Rancho?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Also stopped at ORE on my trip and talked with Drew for a while. Decided to go Enforcer 4". Are the king shocks worth it? Or should I stick with Rancho?

I can only see the kings being worth it if you plan on going fast in the desert. There is that sand dune place in WA but it isn't like your moving near NV or Johnson Valley. Personally I'd stick with the Ranchos.

Warebear

I can only see the kings being worth it if you plan on going fast in the desert. There is that sand dune place in WA but it isn't like your moving near NV or Johnson Valley. Personally I'd stick with the Ranchos.

I agree completely. I was only thinking Kings because I go fast where I can, and the Jeep takes hard hits sometimes. I bottom out the Leveling kit all the time. I just don't know how the other shocks hold up to occasional fast runs through small sections of trails and such.

It is a big cost jump though...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I agree completely. I was only thinking Kings because I go fast where I can, and the Jeep takes hard hits sometimes. I bottom out the Leveling kit all the time. I just don't know how the other shocks hold up to occasional fast runs through small sections of trails and such.

It is a big cost jump though...

Sounds like you're primed to bend an axle. The savings from choosing the Ranchos will help you start your axle replacement fund. :crazyeyes:

jkris

Bud I am envious of you! Your trip looks amazing and I love the pics and updates! Also being just retired from the Army after 21 years it's now my turn to say thank you for your service! Keep the updates coming!

Top Bottom