Warebears JKUR Build ☺️

Warebear

Finally almost back from this deployment, hanging out in Hawaii for a few more days and then it's home to the Jeep.

I bought this off a forum member here,
IMG_1146.JPG
And have ordered EVO lower control arms and brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Warebear

Today I got the Trail Rocker installed,
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
I had to depin the connector to get it through the firewall, but not too bad of an install.
Next up, ARB Twin compressors

Warebear

So I am at a bit of a dilemma with my axles and need some opinions...
Rear axle seal is leaking. I’m still geared to 4.10. I have a stock rear driveshaft. So should I
A: Regear to 4.88, fix axle seal, c gusset and move to 37s
B: Not touch factory axles and use that money to save for Dynatracs and rear 1350, then 37s.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Rear axle seal is leaking. I’m still geared to 4.10. I have a stock rear driveshaft. So should I
B: Not touch factory axles and use that money to save for Dynatracs and rear 1350, then 37s.

Big price difference. Either fix axle and gusset (no regear & no 37’s) or Option B.

boardsurfer

I opted to completely neglect my stock axles by not spending any money on them at all. Unit bearings are worn, there is a leak in there somewhere and the ball joints are just about done. I used that money for a set of Dynatracs (44/60).

It wasnt cheap obviously. I would say if you have more cross country road trips in mind like your pictures above, I would upgrade. Confidence to Explore and all that. :)

Warebear

I opted to completely neglect my stock axles by not spending any money on them at all. Unit bearings are worn, there is a leak in there somewhere and the ball joints are just about done. I used that money for a set of Dynatracs (44/60).

It wasnt cheap obviously. I would say if you have more cross country road trips in mind like your pictures above, I would upgrade. Confidence to Explore and all that. :)

Thanks for the response! Ya I think I’ll just wait and use the money I would be spending to save for some pro rocks.

WJCO

Meme King
I've had the opportunity to roll up the canyons with boardsurfer and his jeep does just fine with 35s and stock gears (I assume 3.21s). We have steep roads here and he always keeps with the group. He was wise to leave the stock axles alone and save for the ProRocks.

You could also do the trail leader package which is a ProRock 44 up front and a new rear locker and stronger shafts and that would fix the rear seal leak at the same time.

Last edited:

Warebear

I've had the opportunity to roll up the canyons with boardsurfer and his jeep does just fine with 35s and stock gears (I assume 3.21s). We have steep roads here and he always keeps with the group. He was wise to leave the stock axles alone and save for the ProRocks.

You could also do the trail leader package which is a ProRock 44 up front and a new rear locker and stronger shafts and that would fix the rear seal leak at the same time.

Alright! Thanks for the advise. I think the leak is minor enough to just hold out and save, I’m just trying to keep the itch for 37s at bay.

Warebear

Wow - Now that's a hell of a shot!! :thumb:

I take it there was nobody in the Subaru?

Nope! He was driving like a mad man when we passed him the first time. Did our hike, drove down the mountain and there was his car. Followed the footsteps go try to find him but I guess he made it out.

Warebear

EVO Mud flaps. The brackets wouldn’t fit with the roof rack and bumper brackets in the way. So I remembered I had a bump stop extension laying around. Cut it in half and used it. Worked great.
IMG_1818.jpg
IMG_1817.jpg

Installed JW Speaker J2 headlight
IMG_1821.jpg

And a license plate relocate. Put a bottle opener in the factory hole.
IMG_1819.jpg

Top Bottom