Warn winch not working

Nick Zambo

That seems weird. I ordered a Zeon 10-S today and after speaking with the guy pretty extensively, one of the things he mentioned was how much better they are sealed compared to other styles. I find it hard to believe that normal washing would cause a motor failure:thinking:

I am not sure what to tell you. On the other hand I am now going out to buy a nice Warn winch cover to help protect the sealed winch from water and if you have to use car washes like myself or live in a every wet snowy area I would suggest buying that cover as well.

I will say this, the customer service at Warn is top notch! They put together a check sheet answered my emails completely and in a timely manner. And will only comment on there warranty once I get the winch back and find out what the final bill out come is.

I will post the out come here on the thread.

Nick Zambo

I would love for someone to do a good write up on the form on this subject, using the info Warn provided to me. Giving the fact that only a few guys were able to answer. The info could really help others out with trouble shooting connection / solenoid and motor.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I am not sure what to tell you. On the other hand I am now going out to buy a nice Warn winch cover to help protect the sealed winch from water and if you have to use car washes like myself or live in a every wet snowy area I would suggest buying that cover as well.

I will say this, the customer service at Warn is top notch! They put together a check sheet answered my emails completely and in a timely manner. And will only comment on there warranty once I get the winch back and find out what the final bill out come is.

I will post the out come here on the thread.

I am now having exactly the same issue with my zeon 10-s. The solenoid clicks, but no power to the motor. What was the final outcome with Warn? How much did it cost to repair if anything. Thanks for the help!

2015 JKUR AEV

aermotor

I am now having exactly the same issue with my zeon 10-s. The solenoid clicks, but no power to the motor. What was the final outcome with Warn? How much did it cost to repair if anything. Thanks for the help!

2015 JKUR AEV

Yikes. How old is that thing? Also, it's a contactor not a solenoid these days.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Less than two years! It has not been submerged since last fall and work numerous times since that last run where it did. The only way I can figure that water got is was power spraying the salt and mud out of it this winter. I've verified all connections to the winch, everything is clean.

2015 JKUR AEV

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much did it cost to repair if anything.

Less than two years! It has not been submerged since last fall and work numerous times since that last run where it did. The only way I can figure that water got is was power spraying the salt and mud out of it this winter. I've verified all connections to the winch, everything is clean.

If it's less than 2 years, I would think they would cover this under warranty. That being said, it's disappointing to hear that you're having problems with your Zeon.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree, I'll call tomorrow to start the process. Do you know if there is a difference in waterproofing between the zeon and platinum? In the future, I want to add a winch to my CJ and if that is the case, once repaired, I will relocate this unit to the CJ and put a platinum on the jk.

2015 JKUR AEV

Top Bottom