Was told my JKU was unworthy today.

jeff_in_rc

I am new to the Jeepin world and bought my YJ to see if I would like 4 wheeling after riding dirt bikes for 45 years and I have to say, I have had a few guys on runs give me crap over my mostly stock YJ. I met one group of 5 guys in some really nice JK's to do Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gultch and after they came over and we introduced ourselves I heard one guy tell his friend as they were walking away "looks like we'll be tugging his ass all day" I mean come on, we have not even gone anywhere yet and your talking crap? :doh:

Well by the end of the day they were all in a different frame of mind as they never once had to tug my ass! My little YJ went everywhere you did without any help thank you very much.

Some people have no idea how stupid they sound when they say crap like that do they? Well to me and what I have learned in the last 14 months is, it's not always the vehicle, it's the nut behind the wheel making good line choices and knowing where to put his wheels.

So to all the nay sayers that can't be polite when talking to other Jeep owners, kiss my lilly white butt! :clap2:

jmm176

At a gas station (getting gas) another jeep pulled up and the dude hopped out and started chatting with me. He started asking me about what I had all done to my jeep. He asked why I removed the rubicon stickers off my hood. I told him its a X model. He just shook his head and told me I should have bought a rubicon, and building up anything else is a waste of time. He also informed me that mine will never go where a rubicon can with the Same mods. I shook my head as he jumped in his 2013 JKUR (paper plates) and drive off.

I'm sure he just traded in his minivan for it. I would have asked if he broke in the diff's properly, when he asked how you do that tell him your supposed to put 20 miles in 4 low locked on dry pavement on it so u might want to go drive 'round the neighborhood tonight to break it in!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Toxic

Soccer dad..... You can definitely tell the jeepers from the mall crawlers when chatting at the pumps.

WhiteDynamite

I wonder what else the salesman told him... :thinking:

I bought a sport for the sweet roll-up windows and then added a few things :D I guess my Jeep sucks too

Last edited:

bldmncj

I would have asked if he broke in the diff's properly, when he asked how you do that tell him your supposed to put 20 miles in 4 low locked on dry pavement on it so u might want to go drive 'round the neighborhood tonight to break it in!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats Is So ^%$#&* Funny

he probably went home and told his husband that he "talked all tough to a jeep owner....." and then they shared a bottle of white zin.

andrew-

TheLloyd

That's a good one. I had some guy tell me my Jeep wasn't a real one too because I had gotten the Sport. Didn't care one bit about the fool.

I am new to the Jeepin world and bought my YJ to see if I would like 4 wheeling after riding dirt bikes for 45 years and I have to say, I have had a few guys on runs give me crap over my mostly stock YJ. I met one group of 5 guys in some really nice JK's to do Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gultch and after they came over and we introduced ourselves I heard one guy tell his friend as they were walking away "looks like we'll be tugging his ass all day" I mean come on, we have not even gone anywhere yet and your talking crap? :doh:

Well by the end of the day they were all in a different frame of mind as they never once had to tug my ass! My little YJ went everywhere you did without any help thank you very much.

Some people have no idea how stupid they sound when they say crap like that do they? Well to me and what I have learned in the last 14 months is, it's not always the vehicle, it's the nut behind the wheel making good line choices and knowing where to put his wheels.

So to all the nay sayers that can't be polite when talking to other Jeep owners, kiss my lilly white butt! :clap2:

all i have to say is.....:clap2:

joshpfef

I sort of felt like an idiot when I read the "breaking in the Rubicon" comment, because it took me a second before I caught the sarcasm... :naw:

Reminds me of this video though.

Would be interested to hear that guys comments on how unworthy a Crown Vic is!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Dude he has e lockers front and rear and electronic sway bar disconnects... It's obviously better!!! Duh

bldmncj

I sort of felt like an idiot when I read the "breaking in the Rubicon" comment, because it took me a second before I caught the sarcasm... :naw:

Ive seen this video before thats crazy good stuff!!.

I'm offended by this Greg ^^^^... no not really.

Screw that guy at the station. An ass is an ass. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't walk up to any jeep and talk crap about it. Stock, modded, Smitty modded, whatever. Who am I to criticize. I may say something to myself, or someone I'm with, but to actually say something to anybody else. Some people just grew up not knowing the word respect.

What you mean smitty modded. I happen to like some of their products. Mainly just the xrc front and rear bumpers actually. I like the shape of the front and like how it's a stubby rear.

Tranquillity

and I'm sure he think he get waved because he have a cool car. :naw:

It's sad but there is idiots everywhere, even in jeep community.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

That dude is either a complete badass or completely crazy! Maybe he got bored with Jeeps. :idontknow: :cheesy:

Top Bottom