Watcha cookin'?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Per my previous post, I'm all about the casseroles. That looks bomb. What chiles do you use? Roast your own or go canned?

Today we just used canned. I've roasted my own before...too much work this year, and after a few margaritas you can hardly tell the difference. LOL! I normally make my own beans too, but I'm not doing that either this year.

I did label the pan as "X-mas chili relleno" though. ;)

JAGS

Hooked
Today we just used canned. I've roasted my own before...too much work this year, and after a few margaritas you can hardly tell the difference. LOL! I normally make my own beans too, but I'm not doing that either this year.

I did label the pan as "X-mas chili relleno" though. ;)

Now your talking my language. Quick and easy. Food that is. Lol.

Did you use any protein in there? Hard to tell from the pic but almost looks like ground meat...or could be the beans I'm seeing.

Wouldn't want to get it confused with January's. [emoji23]

MTG

Caught the Bug
Now your talking my language. Quick and easy. Food that is. Lol.

Did you use any protein in there? Hard to tell from the pic but almost looks like ground meat...or could be the beans I'm seeing.

Wouldn't want to get it confused with January's. [emoji23]

Yep. Cooked up some seasoned ground beef and through it in there as well. Normally I would put some sort of salsa on top for the last 10 minutes or so, but we have a wide variety of tastes in the house today so we’ll leave that to the individual.

Beans on the side. Along with the tamales.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks really nice and big. I've had both stainless and ceramic. Not sure what I like better. I'm leaning towards a huge stainless one next go around.

That’s what I’ll go with when I buy. This is just what was here. I would like to do all commercial type equipment. Way better than the sears garbage.

Inspired by previous casserole posts, the wife and i decided to do one tonight. Simple Mexican cheese casserole - black beans, green and red peppers, onions, jalapeño, corn, tortillas topped with a shit ton of cilantro. Thanks guys for the ideas!

IMG_3073.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom