Watcha cookin'?

SDG

Caught the Bug
Ribeye night...

Picked up some prime ribeye from the local butcher.
20180211_181830.jpg

Put on a little dry rub and tossed them on the webber over some mesquite. The pup kept an eye on them...
20180211_192601.jpg

Served with a Cesar salad and 2xbaked potatoes.
20180211_194110.jpg
Sooo good!

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Late start to my day so I said the hell with it and made it later. Breakfast burritos with a nice piece if avocado inside. IMG_20180213_103611.jpg IMG_20180213_104552.jpg IMG_20180213_105931.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

JAGS

Hooked
Blackened fish is a winner...try your rub on a ribeye and a seriously hot skillet...and make sure your fan is on high...

Oh yeah, that would be bomb! This KPaul rub is fantastic. Had it at his restaurant on some drum fish. Easily one of the best fish meals I've ever had.

Brute

Hooked
Oh yeah, that would be bomb! This KPaul rub is fantastic. Had it at his restaurant on some drum fish. Easily one of the best fish meals I've ever had.

When chef Paul Prudhomme was at Commanders Palace and put blackened redfish (red drum) on the menu, he nearly caused the demise of the red drum in Louisiana...and changes to commercial fishing of drum ensued, especially in regard to gill netting.

I'll give you my blackened spice rub recipe that was given to me by a fisherman out of Delacroix many moons ago...it'll save save you some coin...

jesse3638

Hooked
When chef Paul Prudhomme was at Commanders Palace and put blackened redfish (red drum) on the menu, he nearly caused the demise of the red drum in Louisiana...and changes to commercial fishing of drum ensued, especially in regard to gill netting.

I'll give you my blackened spice rub recipe that was given to me by a fisherman out of Delacroix many moons ago...it'll save save you some coin...
Sounds amazing. How do I get in on this..haha?

I remember JAGS talking about that restaurant.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

One part each of cayenne, paprika, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder; 1/2 part dried thyme, 1/2 part dried oregano...

In Hawaii we use this a lot on ahi...block our your ahi like you were going to slice it into sashimi...roll the fish rectangles in the rub. Spray a non stick skillet with spray grape seed oil...heat till hot...sear each of the four sides of the fish for about 10 seconds per side, making sure center is still raw...remove and let cool. Slice it into sashimi, serve with grated ginger and shoyu (soy sauce for you mainlanders)...as we say in the islands..."broke da mouth"...

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
beef wellington.jpg

Valentine's dinner last night...Beef Wellington with a Madeira reduction, Potatoes Fondant & sautéed spinach

MTG

Caught the Bug
Had activities last night so we decided to have a nice dinner tonight instead.

IMG_4510.jpg

Baked Alaskan salmon that a friend caught, homemade crab cakes with spicy aioli, asparagus, and a salad with heirloom tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts and fresh Romano cheese. Paired with a nice Chardonnay.

Not bad for a Thursday night.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
That works for me...

I'm sure you'll agree, but "self-caught" fish is so much better than anything store bought. Same with any type of meat really. I much prefer elk and venison to anything I can buy.

Just need to get to the point where I can spend more time fishing and hunting. LOL!

JAGS

Hooked

That is not surprising one bit. The fish was an incredible "white" fish and this rub mix...oh my.

IMG_4390.jpg

If only we could get our hands on some quality drum fish.

One part each of cayenne, paprika, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder; 1/2 part dried thyme, 1/2 part dried oregano...

In Hawaii we use this a lot on ahi...block our your ahi like you were going to slice it into sashimi...roll the fish rectangles in the rub. Spray a non stick skillet with spray grape seed oil...heat till hot...sear each of the four sides of the fish for about 10 seconds per side, making sure center is still raw...remove and let cool. Slice it into sashimi, serve with grated ginger and shoyu (soy sauce for you mainlanders)...as we say in the islands..."broke da mouth"...

I'll need to do that this summer while in Maui! Just for the full effect [emoji6] Sounds great.

Top Bottom