Watcha cookin'?

JAGS

Hooked
Pretty much. Toss peeled garlic into the food processor and put into ice cube trays. Once frozen just pop them out and put them in a freezer ziploc bag. You now have “fresh” chopped/minced garlic anytime with minimal effort...cut off a chunk and toss it in whatever you are making.

A bag from Costco lasts about 6-8 months. But we use a lot of garlic. [emoji106]

[emoji106]
And when your really lazy, Trader Joe's sells the same thing pre done. And also with basil. I use the frozen cubes all the time. Way better than minced in the jar or pastes.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That looks fantastic. Reminds me that we are well into crawfish season and i haven’t had any yet. Think i know what I’m doing for lunch tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sounds good too! It’s been a long time since I’ve had some good Étouffée.

This meal is a lot of fun! How often do you get to dump your dinner in the middle of the table and just have at it?

That sounds good too! It’s been a long time since I’ve had some good Étouffée.

This meal is a lot of fun! How often do you get to dump your dinner in the middle of the table and just have at it?

That’s the best part. I’ve got some great memories of family vacations to the Outer Banks, NC...we’d go crabbing and clamming, then have a nice boil back at the rental.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’ve been saying I’m gonna do this for years now and haven’t. I need to do it this year.

Do it! 12qt pot, 7qt water. Squeeze & boil lemons, peppers, onions, garlic, bay leaves, salt and 1/2 cup Old Bay. After 20min add potatoes. After another 15min add sausage and corn. After 5 more min add shrimp and scallops. Turn off heat add another 1/4 cup Old Bay and let steep for 15min. Drain and serve with melted butter.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do it! 12qt pot, 7qt water. Squeeze & boil lemons, peppers, onions, garlic, bay leaves, salt and 1/2 cup Old Bay. After 20min add potatoes. After another 15min add sausage and corn. After 5 more min add shrimp and scallops. Turn off heat add another 1/4 cup Old Bay and let steep for 15min. Drain and serve with melted butter.

:thumb: thanks.

I’ll need to find some friends to come over and eat lol

Top Bottom