Watcha cookin'?

tdougherty81

Pretty much. Toss peeled garlic into the food processor and put into ice cube trays. Once frozen just pop them out and put them in a freezer ziploc bag. You now have “fresh” chopped/minced garlic anytime with minimal effort...cut off a chunk and toss it in whatever you are making.

A bag from Costco lasts about 6-8 months. But we use a lot of garlic. [emoji106]
Peeled by Chinese prisoners mouths. Watch Rotten on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

There are restaurants here I won’t eat at now that I have worked in their kitchens, makes you wonder what the hell the board of health needs to actually see to fail a place

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yup. When I did life safety inspections as a fire marshal my inspection would be right before the health dept. To see what was "good enough" to pass was mind blowing. Asian eateries are the absolute worst.

Yup. When I did life safety inspections as a fire marshal my inspection would be right before the health dept. To see what was "good enough" to pass was mind blowing. Asian eateries are the absolute worst.

Ahhh man don’t say that...we love eating out Chinese lol.

There’s a movie with Ryan Reynolds called Waiting. It’s pretty funny and I can only imagine is pretty accurate in the chain sit down restaurant industry.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
There are restaurants here I won’t eat at now that I have worked in their kitchens, makes you wonder what the hell the board of health needs to actually see to fail a place

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If it's anything like our safety inspections we are notified when they are coming so we run around an take care of any "problems" before hand. After they are finished its back to business as usual. Got to love the federal government..;)

Ahhh man don’t say that...we love eating out Chinese lol.

There’s a movie with Ryan Reynolds called Waiting. It’s pretty funny and I can only imagine is pretty accurate in the chain sit down restaurant industry.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Having worked fast food as a high school teenager I think that movie is pretty accurate..haha. One rule I follow, never fuck with people who handle my food.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It is. Crazy stuff you wouldn't think about in the industry of food.

Watched the bees and the garlic episodes. Crazy, but not surprising.

Also watch Food Inc. We haven't eaten any Tyson product in 6 years because of it.

We've watched that before, crazy for sure. A must see, indeed.

We try to eat food/meat we've either harvested ourselves, that is harvested by friends, bought from a local source or the highest quality we can get in town. Regardless the current state of affairs is neither good nor sustainable. I'm not sure what the solution is. :idontknow: Outside of our housing costs, our food budget is the next largest category.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Ribs were on sale this weekend. Paid half. 2.99lb:

IMG_6612.jpg

A little rub goes a long way:

IMG_6613.jpg

5hrs later:

IMG_6631.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom