Watcha cookin'?

Slimebones

Everytime I consider quitting drinking, posts like this come along and encourage me to drink more.

Cheers to us normal folks :beer:

True that. Some crazy "thots" going on here. Makes one feel better about himself after seeing what some others have to deal with! :doh:

Brute

Hooked
Duck duck goose...

I’ll brace myself for the comment...

Attachments

• 0811544C-6CBD-4B46-AFE4-5ABF9600AB98.jpg
    0811544C-6CBD-4B46-AFE4-5ABF9600AB98.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 82

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Out of boredom and curiosity, I bought a Soux Vide cooker off Amazon and playing with it. It takes a while, but it churns out some good steaks and chicken.

1. Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic and some truffle butter. Drop in a ZipLock bag and use the water to work the air out before sealing.
2. I'm working on the temp, but Ive been trying anywhere from 131 to 137 for an hour or two. (I did two hours for the 2" thick steak)
3. Comes out looking kinda weird, but smells great.
4. Take it outside and sear it with a torch and its done.

img01.jpg
img02.JPG
img03.jpg
img04.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Out of boredom and curiosity, I bought a Soux Vide cooker off Amazon and playing with it. It takes a while, but it churns out some good steaks and chicken.

1. Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic and some truffle butter. Drop in a ZipLock bag and use the water to work the air out before sealing.
2. I'm working on the temp, but Ive been trying anywhere from 131 to 137 for an hour or two. (I did two hours for the 2" thick steak)
3. Comes out looking kinda weird, but smells great.
4. Take it outside and sear it with a torch and its done.

View attachment 331665
View attachment 331666
View attachment 331667
View attachment 331668

I love sous vide, and own a water circulator...but try to stay away from zip locks and invest in a chamber vacuum machine...zip locks may allow BPA’s to migrate into your food (I’ve heard both pro & con on this)...

I was part of the “ghetto” sous vide movement with ziplocks many years ago until a chef friend told me this...

jesse3638

Hooked
Taco Thursday yesterday...

View attachment 331509

Taco Friday tonight....

View attachment 331510

It's always interesting to see what Taco combinations you come up with..haha.

Watched a show on Netflix called The Taco Chronicles and immediately thought of you. It goes over the history of tacos and all the different types. After the 1st episode I so wanted tacos al pastor...haha. It was pretty interesting. Maybe give it a look.

Brute

Hooked

Watched a show on Netflix called The Taco Chronicles and immediately thought of you. It goes over the history of tacos and all the different types. After the 1st episode I so wanted tacos al pastor...haha. It was pretty interesting. Maybe give it a look.

Ddays tacos look pretty good...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well, except for today. Cooking up a batch of Jamaican jerk chicken soup with toasted orzo and jalapeño cornbread muffins on the side.

20190729_172628-1024x768.jpg

I'm with you there. I love em both..haha.

Don't make me start posting pictures of pizza. I was nearly band from another "JL" form for posting weekly pizza pictures. 😂

Ddays

Hooked

That sounds interesting - I'll have to look that up.
That's what I love about tacos - only limit is your imagination. But you have to use corn tortillas and toast them in the skillet. I think that's a taco law somewhere.

Ddays tacos look pretty good...

When we meet someday I'll make the tacos and you can make the Musubi, deal?

I agree. I'd never think to put bell pepper in a taco though. I'm stuck in the CA box..haha.

Ewww, bell peppers? Too bland for tacos. They're ok in some stuff but those were actually Jalapenos cut in half & seeded. I usually don't seed them but the wife won't eat them unless I do :D

LOL, found a taco bar close to my office and I stopped in to try it out. Got two tacos, one regular and the other "spicy". Usually that means medium. Good Lord, I thought I was gonna die. Seriously, I was sweating like a mofo and my mouth burned for like a half hour - it wouldn't stop. Asked the bartender what in the hell is in the spicy sauce and she said a whole Carolina Reaper. Not afraid to say that was waaaaay too hot for me.

Ddays

Hooked
Well, except for today. Cooking up a batch of Jamaican jerk chicken soup with toasted orzo and jalapeño cornbread muffins on the side.

View attachment 331676

Don't make me start posting pictures of pizza. I was nearly band from another "JL" form for posting weekly pizza pictures. 😂

Dude I quit looking at that thread because I was afraid I was gonna start posting shit like RCVY because I don't eat pizza anymore. :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

Haha, yeah, conscious choice. Sure do miss it tho! Doubletapdaddys posts on JLWrangler make me tear up. Ovie's too - he made a couple good looking pies. I quit looking at that damn thread.

Was it due to carbs or gluten or something? There are really good low carb and gluten free recipes for pizza out there. My mother has a gluten intolerance so I’ve made a few for times she comes to visit that are quite good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom