Watcha cookin'?

jesse3638

Hooked
That sounds interesting - I'll have to look that up.
That's what I love about tacos - only limit is your imagination. But you have to use corn tortillas and toast them in the skillet. I think that's a taco law somewhere.

When we meet someday I'll make the tacos and you can make the Musubi, deal?

Ewww, bell peppers? Too bland for tacos. They're ok in some stuff but those were actually Jalapenos cut in half & seeded. I usually don't seed them but the wife won't eat them unless I do :D

LOL, found a taco bar close to my office and I stopped in to try it out. Got two tacos, one regular and the other "spicy". Usually that means medium. Good Lord, I thought I was gonna die. Seriously, I was sweating like a mofo and my mouth burned for like a half hour - it wouldn't stop. Asked the bartender what in the hell is in the spicy sauce and she said a whole Carolina Reaper. Not afraid to say that was waaaaay too hot for me.

That sounds interesting - I'll have to look that up.
That's what I love about tacos - only limit is your imagination. But you have to use corn tortillas and toast them in the skillet. I think that's a taco law somewhere.

Ewww, bell peppers? Too bland for tacos. They're ok in some stuff but those were actually Jalapenos cut in half & seeded. I usually don't seed them but the wife won't eat them unless I do :D

LOL, found a taco bar close to my office and I stopped in to try it out. Got two tacos, one regular and the other "spicy". Usually that means medium. Good Lord, I thought I was gonna die. Seriously, I was sweating like a mofo and my mouth burned for like a half hour - it wouldn't stop. Asked the bartender what in the hell is in the spicy sauce and she said a whole Carolina Reaper. Not afraid to say that was waaaaay too hot for me.

Haha fooled me. I went back and looked to confirm your pepper selection and I was definitely wrong on bell pepper. And yes lightly oiled flat top is the only way to heat up CORN tortillas..haha. In that show they go into depth on how important the tortilla selection is for the perfect taco...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Hahaha, I love it, it just doesn't like me! :usa-salute:
As longarm mentioned there are some good gluten free options. My wife and I loved going out to grab pizza and beer. Can't do that anymore so now it's cauliflower crust pizza and wine for her. Surprisingly BJ's has a pretty good one. I couldn't tell the difference.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I love sous vide, and own a water circulator...but try to stay away from zip locks and invest in a chamber vacuum machine...zip locks may allow BPA’s to migrate into your food (I’ve heard both pro & con on this)...

I was part of the “ghetto” sous vide movement with ziplocks many years ago until a chef friend told me this...

Sous Vide is awesome but I haven’t done it for quite some time. My “ghetto” setup was zip locks and an old school crock pot (the ones that used to burn houses down) plugged into a temp controller.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I love sous vide, and own a water circulator...but try to stay away from zip locks and invest in a chamber vacuum machine...zip locks may allow BPA’s to migrate into your food (I’ve heard both pro & con on this)...

I was part of the “ghetto” sous vide movement with ziplocks many years ago until a chef friend told me this...

I'm looking into that now actually. I wanted to give it a few tries to see how often I'd use it and I think it's safe to say, it will get used a lot.

Brute

Hooked
I'm looking into that now actually. I wanted to give it a few tries to see how often I'd use it and I think it's safe to say, it will get used a lot.

We just bought one as a gift for our son and now likely to get one for ourselves

It’s the best way to prep for a big dinner party in the same manner restaurants prepare food for the many platings in an evening...once you have reached the desired cooking temp and time of the various items, you can keep them all warm at the lowest cooked temp of one of the items in the water bath without over cooking anything...then zap something quickly on the stove or grill for color or flavor and cut open the bags to plate as needed...

longarmwj

It’s funny this thread has turned to a sous vide thread. I’ve been looking into one heavily recently after finding the YouTube channel “Sous Vide Everything”. The guy makes some of the greatest looking steaks I’ve ever seen.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
It’s the best way to prep for a big dinner party in the same manner restaurants prepare food for the many platings in an evening...once you have reached the desired cooking temp and time of the various items, you can keep them all warm at the lowest cooked temp of one of the items in the water bath without over cooking anything...then zap something quickly on the stove or grill for color or flavor and cut open the bags to plate as needed...

Until recently I had only seen one used for small dinner parties but a couple of weeks ago we had the local Jeep club BBQ and the prez brought a huge amount of chicken done in Sous vide for us to make look good on the grills - sold!!

Top Bottom