Watcha cookin'?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Damn those look great! Whatcha drinkin? I see the muddler getting some action.

Oven or egg?
Hmm. I gotta try to make Buffalo chicken enchiladas now.

Oh that’s a good idea. Buffalo chicken enchiladas.

Just the oven. I’ve been too lazy to clean out the egg by hand. I had to buy a new shop vac for it since that last one I had to trash.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh that’s a good idea. Buffalo chicken enchiladas.

Just the oven. I’ve been too lazy to clean out the egg by hand. I had to buy a new shop vac for it since that last one I had to trash.

I think the clean up is the only thing that keeps me from getting an egg. Not that it should be an issue, I'm just lazy that way.

Pizza looks amazing though :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think the clean up is the only thing that keeps me from getting an egg. Not that it should be an issue, I'm just lazy that way.

I use a shop vac and only clean it when the charcoal burns down. It’s really pretty easy, I just hadn’t bought a new shop vac. I used the last one to clean the rat piss and shit tainted insulation in the hot tub. I didn’t think it was a good idea to use in the egg anymore. Lol

Brute

Hooked

I had a Green Egg in Hawaii for a long time, loved it...and also used a shop vac to clear the ashes. I recently bought this Kamado Joe up here in WA...it is much easier to remove ashes, no shop vac needed...

Attachments

• 347C1D51-E820-46AE-A451-A66B77F786C4.jpg
    347C1D51-E820-46AE-A451-A66B77F786C4.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 59
I agree with Ed. The joes ash tray thing is nice. Good friend of mine bought a Joe. They nail all the little things and accessories better than big green egg.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - well I’m glad I posted up! Maybe time to look into a Joe

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL - well I’m glad I posted up! Maybe time to look into a Joe

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It’ll probably seem more expensive at first but it comes complete. The egg you have to buy everything separate, the stand, the side tables, the accessories, everything is extra. The komado joe comes with all that crap from the start.

Oh and don’t get one that’s too small. Even though it’s just the two of you I would get minimum large. I have the large egg and it’s too small for us but I also cook extras when I do for lunches and whatnot. I think the XL is perfect for 2-4 people.

Brute

Hooked
It’ll probably seem more expensive at first but it comes complete. The egg you have to buy everything separate, the stand, the side tables, the accessories, everything is extra. The komado joe comes with all that crap from the start.

Oh and don’t get one that’s too small. Even though it’s just the two of you I would get minimum large. I have the large egg and it’s too small for us but I also cook extras when I do for lunches and whatnot. I think the XL is perfect for 2-4 people.

It does come fairly complete...side tables, deflector plates for indirect cooking, accessory rack...only thing I bought extra was the pizza stone. I bought the Classic II, which is big enough to do a 10 lb pork shoulder, 15 lb turkey, 10 lb rib roast, or several large ribeye steaks at once.

Starting a pork shoulder now as we speak (or type)...

Top Bottom