Water in front diff

Tackerdown

Banned
Joel pulled all the hoses and the pressure released but still had the prob . He got that part and bingo. Frog hole took another jeep part Haha. At least it was cheep

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jersey_Devil

Joel pulled all the hoses and the pressure released but still had the prob . He got that part and bingo. Frog hole took another jeep part Haha. At least it was cheep

Lol yea.... Well hopefully it's all covered under my warranty (certified and lifetime) cause the lil money I had, I had to pay $74 to re-register and get new tags..... I lost a tag back on the trail somewhere and couldn't find it

Tackerdown

Banned
I hope your local gets you back to work. both my sons just made the cut last round where they work. Our industry is pretty tough right now I just hope it pics up some more .They aren't to bad around here but could be better.Stay under the radar and try to get some side work.:thumb:

Jersey_Devil

Flushed the hell outta it today!

ForumRunner_20130226_165751.jpg

Thanks everyone nice and clean now..... Gonna do it again next week just to be safe and pull the cover

Tackerdown

Banned
Unfortunately most front axles do a good job keeping fluid in, but not such a good job keeping water out. .
Is this true we go threw a lot of water when wheeling and I haven't checked mine yet.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
JFYI for the future, I used to get water in my CJ diffs all the time. I'd drain them and fill them with diesel and run around the block, then drain and add fresh gear oil. I had plugs in the covers on my CJ, so it was easier than pulling the cover everytime I hit deep water which was a few times a month.
Although since yours was submerged for a long time, pulling the covers, cleaning and flushing is the best course.

Last edited:

Jersey_Devil

JFYI for the future, I used to get water in my CJ diffs all the time. I'd drain them and fill them with diesel and run around the block, then drain and add fresh gear oil. I had plugs in the covers on my CJ, so it was easier than pulling the cover everytime I hit deep water which was a few times a month.
Although since yours was submerged for a long time, pulling the covers, cleaning and flushing is the best course.

I have plugs in my d44, I flushed the crap outta it today, then filled it up, I'm gonna run this week and I have a trail ride this weekend then I'll try what u said.... Just straight diesel fuel? Once around the block then change to fresh gear oil?

Top Bottom