Wave from portland or

JKBombshell

or maybe FUTURE WAVE FROM PDX?

hey Guys and Gals. im From Portland OR. :rock: i have not yet purchased my Jeep yet, there for maybe i should say future wave. not sure if i qualify to wave yet... ;) Buckle up because ill go in to detail on this one :yup: might wanna go get the popcorn before you read on.. this is theatrical... lol

so here is how my journey lead me to this enthusiasm and to your community.
it all started when i started to get serious with my wife when we were dating. after i decided i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her i knew i would need a family car. something i can share with her and with my future kiddos. i should first say my wife is not a car gal, and does not know anything about them other then color and shape pretty much :idontknow:
she did have a car Crush though for the Nissan Xterra. she saw one in her collage and would park next to it every time she had a chance. and would point them out on the road. at that time i was in to Drifting. not just young kids doing burnouts in a parking lots. but i was competing and going up the ranks to start pro series. at the time built up a pretty nasty ride. so i didnt really care for much offroad. i was busy being a dare devil in my racing carrier. any ways, i got to the point that my drifting was holding me back from putting a ring on it ;) so i sold my long project and with that money got a ring and paid for the wedding. but a little before that when i knew she was the one about 2 years in to our relationship and about a year before getting hitched, i said to my self "hey why not get a Xterra? it would be a perfect size car for the long future with family in mind, plus my GF/soon to be wife loves it.)
so what i do? i go to the dealer to test drive the thing. :doh: yea no...:grayno: that is by far the worst thing i ever stepped foot in. no disrespect to any one that has one. personally i dont like it. so cheap and overpriced. so the next day i go back with her this time. i have her test drive it. well she was disappointed as well.. i loved her even more for that... lol
so then she says "well what about a jeep? i always liked those" so that day we go to the Jeep dealer and i ask, "what is the top of the line jeep you have." well they sat me down in a Rubi fully loaded. thats when im like, hey its not bad. and well obviously i was not ready to buy then so i put it on my to get list.

that led to searching researching and falling deeper and deeper in to the Jeep world. (picture alice in wonderland falling scene)
countless hours on Youtube and google images. and thats how i came across JK experience, and met MOBY JK. didnt take long for Moby to hit my screen saver! along with other pictures from JK experience. so i started following on the side lines. not registering or doing anything but learning from others and building my future build parts list. and imagining my end result of my future jeep.

(side story: recently i had the pleasure to see Moby driving in OR durring the 2014 JKE. he was coming at me while i was heading twards him. at first im like what a beast jeep. that thing is HUGE!! then as i get closer, my eyes are glued the whole time.. i see the nitto
tire logo on the side and im like OMG my desk top came to life. man if it wasn't for the median i would have busted a Uy followed him to a stop and take pics but by the time i was able to turn around he was long gone. i felt like a little girl with a first crush. butterfly feeling. yes i know not very manly to admit. but its true... i wonder how he would feel seeing a blue prius busting a Uturn and then following him down the road. most likely waving like a crazy person...fyi wifes prius her first car not by choice)

well back to the story, so after the wedding as we talking about getting a JKU with my wife. shortly after we find out we are expecting. so thats a wrench in the wheels. any way family first... so i prolong my jeep purchase. so that blew over and when we start talking about a jeep again and saved up a little, my wife says "honey we need to prolong the jeep again" im like why? she says "we are going to have baby #2". so there goes that again.. side note, im a father of 2 boys now :rock: my second was born DEC 17th 2014 so after we get some more things figured out and then my savings should begin again. and if all goes well i should own my first jeep med to end this year. just this time i wont be "talking about the jeep with her" because she might again tell me we are expecting... seems like every time i mention jeep im having kids... lol

any way im so stocked that i have 2 boys close in age. it will be great because by the time they are a little older i should have my jeep moded and will be sharing the adventure of the outdoors together with them.

so thats my story. hope i didnt bore you to death. :blush:

Hey great introduction! Welcome top the family and amazing addiction from the sunny southern part of the state! We're doing a suds and grub in eugene in a few weeks. Swing on down!

Hey great introduction! Welcome top the family and amazing addiction from the sunny southern part of the state! We're doing a suds and grub in eugene in a few weeks. Swing on down!

man i wish... with my busy schedule i would not be able to make the meet any time soon. but im already very stoked on meeting people and checking things out come summer. ill be staying tuned to the local meets and rides in the future. thank you all for the warm welcome. i feel at home already

Welcome, I'm from Hillsboro. Let me know when you get your Jeep and we can go out to Browns camp to break it and you in!

Welcome, I'm from Hillsboro. Let me know when you get your Jeep and we can go out to Browns camp to break it and you in!

im down with that! i will definitely let you know when that day comes. might even hit you up right after i pull off the dealer lot ;)

Hey local guys. Any chance we can drum up some support for the Suds and Grub on the 1st, and/or a meetup to run a few trails at Browns camp soon?

I will be down for a suds and grub as long as it's kid friendly as my boys love coming with me to events and stuff

Welcome! :thumb: How did I miss this wave? :grayno: It is great to have you here and checking things out till you get your JK. I will be setting up another Suds and Grub in the Eugene / Springfield area in a few months. You should come on down and check out some rigs, make sure to bring the family along!

That's freaking awesome, as the father of 3 boys (a set of identical twins and a 22 month old) believe me it's worth the wait! I gave up my 08 2 door for my twins then had to postpone again for the youngest. My boys are definitely worth having Jeep withdrawals for roughly 3 years but man its awesome to hear them laugh and "Woo-hoo" when we hit some trails up near here. P.S. You can get 3 properly secured 5 point harness car seats in the second row of a JKU. 😃
Edit :face palm: and welcome to WAL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom