Wave from Raleigh Durham.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE. It's going to get very expensive if you go over 3" of lift. You can run 35" with a budget boost or Evo leveling kit and fender trim.

HardRock87

LOL just a $15K difference between the two, but I vote for 40's! 落

HAHAHA That is a huge chunk of chains out of the 'ole piggy bank.

Do NOT put 6" of lift on your JK. I would not go over 4".

Here is what I have come to a conclusion about the lifts. My first lift will be a 3" Lift Kit w/ 4 FlexArms by TeraFlex. Then will use my existing Jeep rims and run 35s on them. I'm thinking about keeping it like that for a few years. I've heard that with the Dana 44s, you don't have to regear them for a 35" tire, but still doing research. Once I am able to get an additional vehicle to replace this as my daily driver. THEN I am going to get the 6" Elite LCG Long FlexArm Lift Kit w/ SpeedBumps, also from TeraFlex, and do 40s with a bead lock. Once I do that. I will have to regear everything, and will be ok with pulling out that kind of cash.

HardRock87

Welcome from Raleigh! I go to uwharrie often if you ever want to go one weekend just message me!

Awesome! I have seen a few others in the CLT area that go there also. Only difficult part is I usually work weekends. It sucks I know, but if there is something with a far enough advance planning. I can request a weekend off.

swampdog

HAHAHA That is a huge chunk of chains out of the 'ole piggy bank.

Here is what I have come to a conclusion about the lifts. My first lift will be a 3" Lift Kit w/ 4 FlexArms by TeraFlex. Then will use my existing Jeep rims and run 35s on them. I'm thinking about keeping it like that for a few years. I've heard that with the Dana 44s, you don't have to regear them for a 35" tire, but still doing research. Once I am able to get an additional vehicle to replace this as my daily driver. THEN I am going to get the 6" Elite LCG Long FlexArm Lift Kit w/ SpeedBumps, also from TeraFlex, and do 40s with a bead lock. Once I do that. I will have to regear everything, and will be ok with pulling out that kind of cash.

Any reason you are set on the Teraflex lift? There are for more comfortable riding lifts for the same price point that are made in America. If it were my cash, I would avoid TF like the plague. Look into EVO, Curries, and Rock Krawler for a better quality product for similar price points. Don't fall for Teraflex's marketing.

devonn216

I just put on the 3" EVO Enforcer with Rancho 9000s of you want to meet and drive it to see if you like the feel. I live in Raleigh now but I'm moving June 21.

HardRock87

Any reason you are set on the Teraflex lift? There are for more comfortable riding lifts for the same price point that are made in America. If it were my cash, I would avoid TF like the plague. Look into EVO, Curries, and Rock Krawler for a better quality product for similar price points. Don't fall for Teraflex's marketing.

Oh I didn't know they weren't that great. I had heard good things, but I'm completely open minded about other companies. I'm new to the Jeep upgrading world and can use all of the advice I can get. I had seen last night that EVO is an official vendor for Wayalife and TF wasn't. So that helps in my decision.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Oh I didn't know they weren't that great. I had heard good things, but I'm completely open minded about other companies. I'm new to the Jeep upgrading world and can use all of the advice I can get. I had seen last night that EVO is an official vendor for Wayalife and TF wasn't. So that helps in my decision.

There have been numerous documented and photographed TF metal parts breaking. Even a couple of track bars. I wouldn't take the risk.

swampdog

Glad to help man. You will get some strong opinions on this website, but they are mostly from a good pace and want you to get the best value for your dollar. Good luck with the build and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

HardRock87

Glad to help man. You will get some strong opinions on this website, but they are mostly from a good pace and want you to get the best value for your dollar. Good luck with the build and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

It's all good, and definitely will hit you up with questions. I have started looking at EVO and Rancho lifts. What are your opinions on the two? Do you hold one higher than the other?

swampdog

It's all good, and definitely will hit you up with questions. I have started looking at EVO and Rancho lifts. What are your opinions on the two? Do you hold one higher than the other?

EVO lift, Rancho shocks. A great combo that many here can speak to. I have the Rancho 9000 shocks and love them.

swampdog

Rancho is having a great debate right now so if you have the loot for the shocks, now would be a good time to pony up.

Malveaux00890

Welcome from Wake Forest!

Hey there! So I finally had some time to log into the account and start updating my info and checking it out! Thanks again for the info for this site.

-Jordan

Top Bottom