WAYALIFE.com - Rock Hard 4x4 Open Tech / Install / Support Line

2 quick questions...

Under hard acceleration, there's a vibration from the underside after the skid plate install. Do I need another shim?

I am looking to buy a sport cage. Is there an extra "kit" that ties it into the floor?

Thanks!
Sounds like you may need an extra shim if the vibration started after the install. PM me your mailing address and I will ship one right out.

We do not offer a floor kit with our JK cage systems. Our safety record has proven the JK a-pillar is plenty strong with our cage uprights, t-section, and windshield bar alone. :beer:

jkugeza

love the cage, will deff be getting one. would you have a military discount code by chance? mahalo:thumb:

colo dean

Considering the front harness bar when I get new seats but wonder since I have a 2 door, will that pretty much negate being able to get people into the back seat?

colo dean

Gotta pay this one off first, but I think a 4dr will be the next one in the family (at least that is the direction from the other half)

Just curious about something... why does the 3rd brk lite/license plate lite that comes with the plate relocation kit say "off road only"?

It's probably not a DOT approved LED.

Ahhhhh i got ya. That makes sense. Here the 3rd brake lite isnt required. The illuminated plate however, is. I mainly need the factory 3rd brake lite gone so i can mount the spare. Figured id just move the plate from its broken bracket while im at it.

Tech question just in from Rob in Texas. "How many body mounts do your RH-6009 JK 4DR tube sliders mount to?"
Answer: Our tube sliders mount to all 3 plus your pinch seam for a 100% bolt on install.

Many of the import brand sliders only mount to 2 of the body mounts providing less than ideal weight distribution.
Learn more: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wrangler_JK_Rock_Sliders_Rocker_Guards_s/377.htm

rh60093point500.jpg

CoryB

I'm looking at under armor for my '15 JK 2-door. Starting with an aluminum gas tank skid along with a fuel tank breather skid. Are there any discount codes available for those? I will ultimately be getting the engine/transmission and transfer case skids as well - I like how they all tie together.

Thanks.

I'm looking at under armor for my '15 JK 2-door. Starting with an aluminum gas tank skid along with a fuel tank breather skid. Are there any discount codes available for those? I will ultimately be getting the engine/transmission and transfer case skids as well - I like how they all tie together.

Thanks.

We don't have an "across the board" discount (don't want to compete against our dealers) - but I'll shoot you a PM with a list of dealers running specials. You can pick your fav from the list, give em' a call, and get your armor! :beer:

CoryB

Thank you very much!

We don't have an "across the board" discount (don't want to compete against our dealers) - but I'll shoot you a PM with a list of dealers running specials. You can pick your fav from the list, give em' a call, and get your armor! :beer:

One of the most common tech questions in daily is what our powder coat looks like - what it feels like - and how to care for it.

I like to describe it as a semi-smooth, satin finish. It feels like an egg shell which makes it scratch resistant but isn't so rough that its impossible to clean dirt and mud off. It isn't super glossy but does have shine to it so it's gorgeous after a wash. Rough (hammered) finishes have large pores that make it nearly impossible to clean, and mirror finishes scratch with even light contact. Our finish is sprayed in house so we know all the nooks are coated. Years ago we outsourced and had no control over quality. Nowadays we have a finish we are proud of!

While we can't offer a warranty on our powder coat - we can tell you it can take a beating. Why can't we offer a warranty? Salted roads back East are notoriously hard on all finishes, not just powder coat. To offer a lifetime powder coat warranty would mean constant product removal on the consumer side plus shipping back and forth. Touching up nicks, scratches, and bumps from trail use with rattle can just makes more sense and does not take your Jeep out of commission.

11206531_837773996272196_5356198225128700459_o.jpg

11206502_837773992938863_7079695633045575199_o.jpg

Hardware Update regarding RH-6008/6009 Rock Hard 4x4 Tube Sliders

Approximately 4% of orders come back saying longer body mount hardware would have aided install. We think what's really happening is people are encountering the factory plastic washer inside the body mount and are unable to push through it. To give you an idea, we just installed a set on our new '15 last night and had no issue.

We do take customer/field feedback seriously though and because everything is made in house, running changes are easy to bring into production.

In response to this feedback, we are now including 6 replacement bolts for 4 door models and 4 bolts for 2 door models. This is all orders placed this week going forward. We have updated our YouTube video and written instructions with this hardware kit update.

2-DR: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6008.htm
4-DR: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6009.htm

We've been getting more tech questions lately about our updated tire carrier mounting plate design. It's been in the field now for over a year and with zero failures we know this was the right update our carriers needed. Hardware is included in all rear bumper and tire carrier part numbers.

This revision allows you to fit everything from a stock tire to a 40" tire, various wheel off sets, and all bolt patterns because it's fully adjustable.

With this redesign you now move your spare vertically (up/down) 6" PLUS horizontally (in/out) 4". No matter what offset or tire size your Jeep grows into - no need to change tire carriers once you install a Rock Hard 4x4! The wheel mounting plate still retains the same features that make it a premium carrier - laser cut for all bolt patterns, plus mounting holes for our RH-2002-TL 3rd brake light. This is still fully compatible with our best selling (and very rebranded) RH-4006 License Plate Relocation Brackets.

rh4x4tirecarrier.jpg

5001jkswing.jpg
2001ctjswing.jpg

AU Bronc N JK

Rockhard,

I ordered your sport cage for my 2015 jeep jk (both front and rear sections). When I first received my order, I was missing all the hardware and collars for the front cage, and the rear section was on back order. You guys quickly got the hardware and collars shipped to me (which I appreciate). however, last week the rear section finally came in while my front cage pieces were at the powder coater. I opened the rear section and got the hardware out of the box... However, I realized once I got my parts back from the powder coater that you had actually shipped me an additional front cross bar, instead of the rear. I checked the box again, and it does say REAR JK, and the rear hardware included.. however it is identical to the front cross bar. I will get with Northridge 4x4 today (who I purchased it from) and have them get with you guys, once they open.

I installed the front section on Saturday, and it turned out great.. however, it sucked that I didn't get to finish it as planned due to the wrong part being shipped to me.

thanks.

Luke

Rockhard,

I ordered your sport cage for my 2015 jeep jk (both front and rear sections). When I first received my order, I was missing all the hardware and collars for the front cage, and the rear section was on back order. You guys quickly got the hardware and collars shipped to me (which I appreciate). however, last week the rear section finally came in while my front cage pieces were at the powder coater. I opened the rear section and got the hardware out of the box... However, I realized once I got my parts back from the powder coater that you had actually shipped me an additional front cross bar, instead of the rear. I checked the box again, and it does say REAR JK, and the rear hardware included.. however it is identical to the front cross bar. I will get with Northridge 4x4 today (who I purchased it from) and have them get with you guys, once they open.

I installed the front section on Saturday, and it turned out great.. however, it sucked that I didn't get to finish it as planned due to the wrong part being shipped to me.

thanks.
Luke
Luke,
I apologize for the shipping headache - we are normally spot on with our QA but mistakes can and do happen. We always work as quickly as we can to rectify our mistakes to get you wheeling sooner. The rear overhead section (RH-1030-A) won't have collars on it, should be two flat plates. That's how you identify it.

I'll have shipping box one up so it's ready to go once NR4x4 (great dealer of ours) gets us over the info we can get it out the door and on it's way to you. A return label will be inside the box for the wrong part you were sent.

Thank you for choosing Rock Hard 4x4! :beer::beer:

Top Bottom