WAYALIFE Presidents Weekend Death Valley Run 2018

Rvbicxn

Awesome

Looks amazing. I’ve never been but hoping to go soon. Anyway I could get the driving route of this trip? I’d be coming in the same way but exiting toward Baker.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know it's hard for you to make these trips but Cindy and I are always glad that you and Tina make the effort to join us. Had a great time with the two of you. :thumb:

Oh, BTW, is the soft top fixable?

Yeah I’ll be able to fix it. Fabric popped out of the header. Same thing that happened on the way up. Just couldn’t get it completely fixed at the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Looks like a great time and a super fun trip! Bummed that we could not make it as I have never really gotten to explore out there and definitely want to!

Random question, are you allowed to camp out there, or only in certain parts since its a national park?

Moochie

Another awesome, desert trip adventure! Thank you Eddie, Cindy & Steph for all the planning to put this together!

I even saw a strange mutant human, prowling around in the China Ranch gift store.
IMG_9743.jpg

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So awesome to see JetLi out in stock form. Newbies take note!! Even Eddie runs it stock for a while to get a feel before making any mods. You gotta get to know your rig before you start making a ton of changes. It’s kinda like a relationship that you want to have long term.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DINKELROC

Cool pics, thanks for posting, I need to explore that area at some point but the trout always lure me westward.

rubiDave

What an awesome trip. A few places I've never been. I'm going to have to check out Death Valley Brewing for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I’ll be able to fix it. Fabric popped out of the header. Same thing that happened on the way up. Just couldn’t get it completely fixed at the hotel.

I guess that explains why the previous owner sold it. Sucks!

Looks like a great time and a super fun trip! Bummed that we could not make it as I have never really gotten to explore out there and definitely want to!

Random question, are you allowed to camp out there, or only in certain parts since its a national park?

We missed you and Lauren on this trip for sure. :grayno:

For the most part, you need to camp in designated campgrounds. There are areas where you can dry camp but all of them are out of the main valley floor. In spite of the fact that everyone does it, you're not supposed to have campfires there too.

Another awesome, desert trip adventure! Thank you Eddie, Cindy & Steph for all the planning to put this together!

I even saw a strange mutant human, prowling around in the China Ranch gift store.

:cheesy: Totally missed that - great pic :thumb:

So awesome to see JetLi out in stock form. Newbies take note!! Even Eddie runs it stock for a while to get a feel before making any mods. You gotta get to know your rig before you start making a ton of changes. It’s kinda like a relationship that you want to have long term.

LOL!! Oh yeah. Most people think that Moby and Rubicat were always built up but the fact of the matter is, we wheeled them stock first as well :yup:

Looks like such a great trip!! Very cool to see the JLs in action. Thank you for sharing!!

Hopefully we can get you and Alex out with us again soon and in your JL ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool pics, thanks for posting, I need to explore that area at some point but the trout always lure me westward.

Most of this is just east of Lone Pine. You could do a little of both.

I know our schedule can be very busy but Lisa and I are always accepting invites...haha. Thanks again for sharing.

:doh: Sorry about that. I figured you might be working Dumont Dunes over the holiday weekend.

Looks like a fun trip. Love the photos and write up. Really liking that JL!

Thanks! It was a great trip :yup:

Looks like a great trip! Great pictures! Did you guys stop by Bickel Camp at the end of last chance canyon?

Not on this run but we've been there a ton of times. Great place to visit for sure. :yup:

What an awesome trip. A few places I've never been. I'm going to have to check out Death Valley Brewing for sure.

Glad to know we've pointed you in a new direction :cool:

Many thanks to everyone on the trip. Tom and I had a great time. It was good to go through the area that Tom and I were lost in the darkness. :eek: It was much better in the daylight. :thumb:

truck.jpg striped rock.jpg pit stop.jpg palm.jpg marker.jpg canyon.jpg

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looks like a fun trip!! Love the history in Death Valley can’t wait to get down there and do some exploring in the near future.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks to everyone on the trip. Tom and I had a great time. It was good to go through the area that Tom and I were lost in the darkness. :eek: It was much better in the daylight. :thumb:

Been so busy that I totally missed these great pics! Thanks for posting them up Susan and as always, it was great having you and Tom join in on the fun :thumb:

Top Bottom