We have lost a JL. SAD DAY.

DMF

Damn man, that really sucks. I would not have been calmed about this if that was my Jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
that sucks,...lazy fucks not calling for a crane that was nearby!!

if you have receipts for the aftermarket items, depending on your insurance they may pay for those.

My insurance covered all my aftermarket parts when I got in a wreck- including wheels and tires.

talk to your agent to see what they will cover before you start pulling parts off or as mentioned earlier, it could open a can of worms on the overall value.

MericaMade

Funeral services for the Jeep are set for January 2, 2021. Also, a gofundme account is being setup for donations. Thank you for your kind words and suppourt during these difficult times. ;)

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Looks like another FAD failure apparently caused by the weak design and extra casting on the axle tube (sarcastic emoji)

That sucks man, your poor jeep looks like the wicked witch of the East when she got smashed by that house... Pull the slippers (aftermarket parts) off that bitch & tell the insurance company to come get it...

Ha...I was thinkin same thing after seeing where axle housing broke.:clap2:

MericaMade

Got some good news. TheMistress got paid out and should have a new Rubi this weekend. Of course we are looking to build it up right out the gate so I have a few questions for you JL guys.

Suspension - we are looking at the EVO PRO Stage 4. Is the install similar to the JK in regards to shock relocation mounts in the front and Rockstar's in the rear?

King Bump stops - I assume it goes in the same location and you cut front bump and drop in?

Driveshafts - Sine we are thinking 37's and C/O should we just jump straight to 1350 JE REELS or will the stock drive shafts be ok for awhile?

Wheels - Because of the C/O and most likely going to run a 37x12.5 tire should we stay with 3.5 backspacing or can you go to a 4.5 to 4.75 with the JL Rubi front 44?

Appreciate the feedback and want to make sure we do it right straight out of the gate.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Got some good news. TheMistress got paid out and should have a new Rubi this weekend. Of course we are looking to build it up right out the gate so I have a few questions for you JL guys.

Suspension - we are looking at the EVO PRO Stage 4. Is the install similar to the JK in regards to shock relocation mounts in the front and Rockstar's in the rear?

King Bump stops - I assume it goes in the same location and you cut front bump and drop in?

Driveshafts - Sine we are thinking 37's and C/O should we just jump straight to 1350 JE REELS or will the stock drive shafts be ok for awhile?

Wheels - Because of the C/O and most likely going to run a 37x12.5 tire should we stay with 3.5 backspacing or can you go to a 4.5 to 4.75 with the JL Rubi front 44?

Appreciate the feedback and want to make sure we do it right straight out of the gate.

I helped a friend of mine put on a stage 4 kit. Yes, from what I remember it was similar to the JK. Like all evo kits, it’s top notch.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

I helped a friend of mine put on a stage 4 kit. Yes, from what I remember it was similar to the JK. Like all evo kits, it’s top notch.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Thanks and hopefully we will get our hands on the Rubi tomorrow.

jdofmemi

Glad to hear it is getting taken care of.

Nice plan on building it up.
Maybe the lockers will work on the new one😁😁😁

Can't wait to see you guys out on the trails👍

Top Bottom