We have lost a JL. SAD DAY.

CalSgt

Hooked
Got some good news. TheMistress got paid out and should have a new Rubi this weekend. Of course we are looking to build it up right out the gate so I have a few questions for you JL guys.

Suspension - we are looking at the EVO PRO Stage 4. Is the install similar to the JK in regards to shock relocation mounts in the front and Rockstar's in the rear?
Not sure never had a JK - Front has new shock hoops at the frame and relocation brackets at the axle. Rear has added gusset at the frame & shock skid plate at the axle. Fairly simple. Hardest part of the coilover install was probably trimming the pinch seams above the rear shock to clear the new bracket, had to unhook the gas tank filler neck and hold wires out of the way on the drivers side. Feel around on top of the factory spring buckets in front before adding the EVO CO bracket, one has a wiring harness in the way and the other has a rigid brake line routed right in the way. I almost screwed that up.

King Bump stops - I assume it goes in the same location and you cut front bump and drop in?
Yup, cut the factory bump and thread them in, I got mine from Polyperformance & they did not come charged. Something to keep an eye out for.

Driveshafts - Sine we are thinking 37's and C/O should we just jump straight to 1350 JE REELS or will the stock drive shafts be ok for awhile?
I think the CO kit recommends front shaft or limit straps, I did long arm so just a little different. The limit strap kit is several hundred dollars you could apply towards the new shafts.

Wheels - Because of the C/O and most likely going to run a 37x12.5 tire should we stay with 3.5 backspacing or can you go to a 4.5 to 4.75 with the JL Rubi front 44?
Yes, 3.5 BS for the CO setup, I had to buy spacers for my 4.75's to fit. Also before switching to the PRO LA kit my tires were rubbing the control arms when turned to full lock with the 4.75 BS wheels.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Congrats! I’m kinda partial to the white myself. Lol. Glad you got an upgrade as well. I might have missed it, but did you all get to salvage anything?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Machinery moving company has all the receipts for the upgrades on the old jeep. Some one is cutting me a check. Most everything was destroyed. It take kindly to 39k pounds on top of it.
Congrats! I’m kinda partial to the white myself. Lol. Glad you got an upgrade as well. I might have missed it, but did you all get to salvage anything?

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Nice! Safe to say someone got fired. Lol

Let's hope.

We did a 13 hour turn around trip to Scottsdale yesterday. 5 hour drive out a few hours at dealership, lunch, and 5 hour drive home.

Even though its not my Jeep, I am really looking forward to start the build Ryan has planned out.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Long day.

You’ve got your hands full building out two Jeeps! Both will be sweet

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Suspension - we are looking at the EVO PRO Stage 4. Is the install similar to the JK in regards to shock relocation mounts in the front and Rockstar's in the rear?
Not sure never had a JK - Front has new shock hoops at the frame and relocation brackets at the axle. Rear has added gusset at the frame & shock skid plate at the axle. Fairly simple. Hardest part of the coilover install was probably trimming the pinch seams above the rear shock to clear the new bracket, had to unhook the gas tank filler neck and hold wires out of the way on the drivers side. Feel around on top of the factory spring buckets in front before adding the EVO CO bracket, one has a wiring harness in the way and the other has a rigid brake line routed right in the way. I almost screwed that up.

King Bump stops - I assume it goes in the same location and you cut front bump and drop in?
Yup, cut the factory bump and thread them in, I got mine from Polyperformance & they did not come charged. Something to keep an eye out for.

Driveshafts - Sine we are thinking 37's and C/O should we just jump straight to 1350 JE REELS or will the stock drive shafts be ok for awhile?
I think the CO kit recommends front shaft or limit straps, I did long arm so just a little different. The limit strap kit is several hundred dollars you could apply towards the new shafts.

Wheels - Because of the C/O and most likely going to run a 37x12.5 tire should we stay with 3.5 backspacing or can you go to a 4.5 to 4.75 with the JL Rubi front 44?
Yes, 3.5 BS for the CO setup, I had to buy spacers for my 4.75's to fit. Also before switching to the PRO LA kit my tires were rubbing the control arms when turned to full lock with the 4.75 BS wheels.
Awesome, thank you for the information.

Top Bottom