Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks! I love it so far. I was not really wanting a new payment. I have a '99 extended cab that gets the job done, but with 2 kids and a wife, the 'oil rig wasn't up to the challenge. Momma basically drove me to the dealership and made me do it....God I love her[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is that drew ford? Looks like it from the picture. That's where I got my previous truck. Lived in that area for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fridge81

It's named Penske now. It is Along I-8 in La Mesa/San Diego. That round building is a hell of a land mark. I remember passing by it as a kid. They are building a new show room and are going to tear it down.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's named Penske now. It is Along I-8 in La Mesa/San Diego. That round building is a hell of a land mark. I remember passing by it as a kid. They are building a new show room and are going to tear it down.

Yup. That's the one. I swear they were building a new showroom back 6 or 7 years ago too.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Mine isn't new and doesn't look the greatest anymore but it will tow what ever I put behind it although I've never towed my jeep ... 1965 Chevy C10 cab on a 1985 GMC 1 ton frame with a 400 ci small block with a 4 speed with a double over gear box giving 3 reverse gears and 10 forward gears (although I don't shift the secondary gear box that often) View attachment 243487

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Love some C10's! Cool Rig you got there!

Here's Mine... not exactly a tow rig but I did haul a Soft Tail Harley a couple hundred miles through Arizona recently.....
IMG_5071.jpg

My Tow/Work Rig: 05 Duramax, Driven Daily since purchased... She's been Awesome and Tows great... only downfall is the weak IFS components.
IMG_5070.JPG

Fridge81

Yup. That's the one. I swear they were building a new showroom back 6 or 7 years ago too.

Haha! Maybe that's all just part of the sales pitch to drum up business. I just remembered thinking what a shit show it was getting in there and driving a waaaay bigger vehicle out thinking about how much easier it would be in my jeep.

jesse3638

Hooked
It's a 2017 model. Only thing I would change is add 4 wheel drive.

Here's another one I wouldn't mind owning...
View attachment 276670

I've driven many miles in one of those. That is what we design our gasoline command trucks around. The diesel version is the RAM 2500 or F-250 Superduty which can be ordered as a 1 ton if they district has a need. I still lean more towards the Superduty

Top Bottom