Wharton State Forest dates and times????

Jersey_Devil

Because of all the traffic that will be on Jackson Rd on the 23rd will be meeting ACROSS THE STREET from the Main Gate... Won't be able to miss us

NOPULP13

Hey all I am new to this site but I am from Bergen county Id love to come out just picked up my 13 2 door rubicon are these trails ok for a stock rig?

NY1982JK

Defenitely. I'll be one of a few stock rigs out there. I got a 13 JKU sport. Been back there once already. I did just fine. You should be even better off with the Rubi :thumb:
Hey all I am new to this site but I am from Bergen county Id love to come out just picked up my 13 2 door rubicon are these trails ok for a stock rig?

Jersey_Devil

Welcome to the Wayalife! And come on down!

UR GONNA BE THE LAST ONE TOO! TOTAL OF 30 JEEPS COMING!

Last edited:

NY1982JK

Welcome to the Wayalife! And come on down!

UR GONNA BE THE LAST ONE TOO! TOTAL OF 30 JEEPS COMING!

:shock: WOW... This is gonna be awesome!! Really wasn't expecting to see this many people wanting to go. Gonna be an amazing first trail ride for me :D Can't wait!:rock:

Firespyer

:shock: WOW... This is gonna be awesome!! Really wasn't expecting to see this many people wanting to go. Gonna be an amazing first trail ride for me :D Can't wait!:rock:

Ditto, going to be great.
My Jeep is on the headed to the dealer now... Really wish Jeeps VOTS had GPS tracking on the car carrier

Jersey_Devil

Gonna be a great trip! EVERYONE REMEMBER TO PACK A LUNCH!

Went for a test run today.... Here's a few pics

ForumRunner_20130205_144407.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144507.jpg

View attachment 15003

ForumRunner_20130205_144539.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144618.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144731.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144804.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144844.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_144925.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_145005.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_145036.jpg

And here's pics of the new meeting spot across the street from the Main Gate of Atco Raceway

From across the street ( Raceway side)

ForumRunner_20130205_145209.jpg

From meeting spot looking at main gate

ForumRunner_20130205_145237.jpg

Main gate

ForumRunner_20130205_145307.jpg

From main gate looking at meeting spot (see jeep on the far right)

ForumRunner_20130205_145339.jpg

Panorama shot (sorry if it loaded sideways) (the yellow blur is a penske truck passing by)
ForumRunner_20130205_145408.jpg

NOPULP13

sweet sounds like fun with 30 + jeeps going lol add me on facebook if anyone is from jersey Tony Mogavero

Jersey_Devil

We must adhere to the letter of the law with a group this big.... Here's a statement from Whartons website

New Jersey state law states that off-road vehicles such as quads and dirt bikes are prohibited on state land. Motorized recreation in Wharton State Forest is allowed with special conditions. A vehicle that is properly licensed and insured for on-road use in the State of New Jersey is permitted within the bounds of Wharton State Forest. This includes cars, SUVs, pickup trucks, Jeeps, and dual-sport motorcycles. All vehicles must stick to “designated roads” – the definition of which can be up to the ranger’s discretion, although a safe bet that you’re allowed on any road or trail that is marked on a street or topographic map. Topographic maps are available for sale at the Batsto and Atsion ranger stations or*available online. The rangers have no tolerance for people leaving roads, making new trails, or disturbing or destroying wildlife in bogs or wet areas. Be wary of parking alongside a road – the hot exhaust system of a vehicle may ignite the tall, dry grasses that sometimes line the dirt roads.

Jersey_Devil

This ride is getting split up into 3 smaller rides.... Unfortunately I was informed we will probably be hassled by the rangers due to another forum not liking jkf or wal and catching wind of the trail ride. Apparently this other forum watches for trails rides here and jkf and call rangers to ticket us for stupid stuff like tags, tires and stuff. So after calling the Ranger Station myself I out that a "non permit" orv ride can have no more than ten vehicles in nature group for safety reasons (understandable) so with that were gonna do the 23rd and then the next 2 Saturdays after that.... Some ppl took off work for the 23rd, so far only 3 jkf members replied saying they took off work, did anyone here take off work also? Anybody who took off work for the 23rd will automatically get a slot on the 23rd.

If nobody else on jkf took off work besides those 3 I will just keep the Wayalife member going on the 23rd also and that will be a group of ten... If we have one or two more they won't hassle us they said unless we're acting like idiots.

NY1982JK

Really sad that people have to resort to this type of childish behavior just because they have a different preference in forums....

Granted, its good to know we will be going in there legit and not busting any rules... But at the same time to have someone that hates a certain forum report fellow Jeepers going out to have a good time.. thats pretty low man...:naw:

NY1982JK

And just FYI this will be the only weekend for a while I'll be able to make out there for sure. If possible would love to get a slot in the 23rd group. :thumb:

Jersey_Devil

Really sad that people have to resort to this type of childish behavior just because they have a different preference in forums....

Granted, its good to know we will be going in there legit and not busting any rules... But at the same time to have someone that hates a certain forum report fellow Jeepers going out to have a good time.. thats pretty low man...:naw:

It is... I was very surprised when someone gave me a heads up about myself.... I couldn't believe it! He said last time it happened to him (35 rigs) they were all on legal trails not doing anything wrong when the rangers showed up and issued tickets for missing front tag (guy took it off for winch use) another for unclear plates cause his tire carrier partially blocked it, tires sticking out to far... It's some real bs.... This is why I said we MUST follow the law to a "T" because someone can still call on us and all it takes is one Ranger with a stick up his butt to ruin our day.... Even in a small group, I was told tho that as long as we're around ten rigs or less and not wheeling like idiots we'll be fine.

But we must be careful because this is a state forest that a lot of ppl use.... Dirt bikes, quads, horses, and hikers.... We need to be courteous to everyone on the trail. Their out there for the same reason as us, to enjoy the great outdoors.... Their just not in jeeps that's all, so we need to respect everyone on the trail. We're not gonna let this stop us we just need to be careful and obey the law....

As for the 23rd as of now everyone on wayalife will go on the 23rd because only 5ppl including u said they HAVE to go on the 23rd...If we just put the ppl who took off with the Wayalife ppl we'll have a group of ten

Last edited:

Jersey_Devil

Everybody here come on the 23rd..... Ignore whatever you see on jkf.... I'm having the all the Wayalife guys on the first run

Tackerdown

Banned
Aww your showing favorites lol. That wasn't the overlanders turning you in was it J K just kidding

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jersey_Devil

Aww your showing favorites lol. That wasn't the overlanders turning you in was it J K just kidding

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's exactly what I didn't want anyone to think......

Well one of the guys here took off work, another is also on jkf and then me so that only leaves 4 others and I don't want the one guy being the only wayalifer and the rangers said a few jeeps over we're ok

Last edited:

Tackerdown

Banned
Despite what the a holes did you did a hell of a job putting this together. I'll try to tag along the next trip you put together. so to the A holes :bleh: . Its funny even if I didn't like someone or there opinions I wouldn't be able to do what they did. I guess some people are just at a different level of morality. :drinks:

Top Bottom