What’s this on the JL front axle

ScoobyCarolanNC

Maybe Mel can come up with a manual option like the no limits. Reach behind the axle and slide the collar manually, the disconnect your sway bar & voila! I saw one shop post a screen cap of “Please Service Traction Control” in Moab on their JLs dash. Hope it wasn’t their disconnect.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
No. It would’ve been better to put locking hubs. People are stupid and lazy though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
You pretty much nailed it. Manual locking hubs would be more expensive but the main reason is people are too lazy and or not intelligent enough to lock them on a regular basis. So this is the alternative. It's not as big of a worry as people think. Artec has a thick skid for it but even wheeling a stocker all week in Moab I didn't have so much as a scratch on the factory FAD skid. That said I know it's there and try not to hit it. Kind of like the diffs, I try not to hit them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

I had a 2012 Super-duty that had ‘automatic’ hubs, one position was engaged and one was automatic. Seemed to work, I could see a mpg difference on the road between the two and they engaged with the transfer case in 4 hi or low.

That would take the stupid factor out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom