What are your 2018 Jeep resolutions?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
When the group went back after Poughkeepsie, my wife and I ran a big portion of Engineer Pass and made it back later to dinner than everyone else. We took a chunk of the Alpine loop back from the top of Engineer (not all of it, I'll edit). Then we ran Ophir the day everyone left for Moab (down day), and still made it to Moab in time for a sunset Top of the world run with two other guys. Basically, the only time off we took once we started wheeling was the day trailing from Nevada to Ouray.

Nice work. We did a ton less, but I suppose it’s a tad easier for us to get back out there. I’m jealous, but we love to hike as well,so had to balance out our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fury22

By the end of spring I hope to get some pr60s under my rig and 37s and wheel everywhere i can in the north east. Definitely rausch, would like to hit badlands too. Would like to work my way down to kentucky/Tennessee area as im sure there has to be some good places down there. And of course make some new jeep friends in the process!

Buster3479

By the end of spring I hope to get some pr60s under my rig and 37s and wheel everywhere i can in the north east. Definitely rausch, would like to hit badlands too. Would like to work my way down to kentucky/Tennessee area as im sure there has to be some good places down there. And of course make some new jeep friends in the process!

While I now have PR60's front and rear, you won't need PR60's for anything on your list. I've wheeled all of the places you've mentioned on a PR44 and 35s or 37s. On your current list, TN, specifically Windrock Park has been my favorite Below is a list of a few more Midwest and East coast stops I've wheeled you might consider.

It's a hike, but you should try to get to Drummond Island, especially on a weekend when Dirty Turtle is open. Also hit up Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN. I actually prefer AoAA to Rausch, and both are in the same area, but hit up both. Badlands is an awesome little park, I used to live 40 min from it and hit it approximately once a month. Enjoy all of them, each is very different! I've been to all of them with 35's, many with 37s, and recently I've gone back to a few with 40's and a 60/60 combo. It's different every time.

Fury22

While I now have PR60's front and rear, you won't need PR60's for anything on your list. I've wheeled all of the places you've mentioned on a PR44 and 35s or 37s. On your current list, TN, specifically Windrock Park has been my favorite Below is a list of a few more Midwest and East coast stops I've wheeled you might consider.

It's a hike, but you should try to get to Drummond Island, especially on a weekend when Dirty Turtle is open. Also hit up Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN. I actually prefer AoAA to Rausch, and both are in the same area, but hit up both. Badlands is an awesome little park, I used to live 40 min from it and hit it approximately once a month. Enjoy all of them, each is very different! I've been to all of them with 35's, many with 37s, and recently I've gone back to a few with 40's and a 60/60 combo. It's different every time.

Thanks for the tips! Yea im starting to make my list of places i want to go. i know i probably don't needs 60s for the wheeling im doing in the next year or two, but id rather do an axle swap only once haha. I've read through alot of these threads and seen plenty say "i wish i would have done this from the start." I also just love the full float design, and if i somehow break id rather pull a shaft or turn off a hub then have to rip the whole axle apart, especially if im in the middle of nowhere or halfway across the country haha. Im more of the "build it to not break" type than the "wheel it til it breaks" type.

Top Bottom