What brand tires are you running?

Johnrag3

Seems like the trail grapplers are the most popular. I went with the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 (305/70R18 @ 35x12.50) because of how quiet they are and how well they perform on the road. I'm happy with them but I will strongly be considering Nitto Trail Grappler when these wear out. I didn't know much about Nitto but after combing through this forum I have yet to see anything negative.

Havoc40

Another Trail Grappler user here. Haven't had a bad set of Nitto's on any of my vehicles over the years.

Last edited:

mds22

Trail grapplers here, they are very quiet on road. I feel my stock rubi tires are much louder.

yep, i agree with this as i'm on stock rubi KMs now.
i hated the pull of my TGs though. as my DD drove me crazy. thats the only reason i haven't re-bought them for my new jeep. in the market now. and narrowed it down to 3. KM2s (i would add some siping b/c they are horrible in the rain/snow i heard), toyo R/T, or STT pros. weight and Load E instead of D is the only reason i haven't pulled the trigger on the R/Ts.

wells

I ran the 37 KM2s for three years after 8 months with the unbalanced 35 MTRK's. Now I've been on 37 Trail Grapplers for the past year. The Grapplers are noticeably heavier when driving. They are equal in mud which I try to avoid, but grip better on rock. MPG down 1-2 mpg with Grappler over KM2. I prefer the Grappler since my rig is trailered and in the rocks .

Pyro1415

How are they in the rain? Wet pavement, wet rocks?

They rock. Terrible on ice like every mt. Handles everything else like a champ. I threw mine on stock wheels (37x12.5) and usually wheel at 15psi, they more than make up for my poor line choices and always got me out of the places I should have never gone.

mds22

They rock. Terrible on ice like every mt. Handles everything else like a champ. I threw mine on stock wheels (37x12.5) and usually wheel at 15psi, they more than make up for my poor line choices and always got me out of the places I should have never gone.

Thanks for the info.
What do they measure under your jeep? Heard 35s run small curious about 37s.

Pyro1415

Thanks for the info.
What do they measure under your jeep? Heard 35s run small curious about 37s.

35.5" in the front 35.6" in the rear at approximately 33 psi. I also like them since they're a lighter 37 and I'm still on a d30. They balance pretty well and surprisingly get better mileage than the stock bfg's I have no clue how. The only thing I can think of is I no longer have the acceleration to use gas.

CastleRockJeep

Had stock bfg's ...then Goodyear mtrk's ....now Toyo RT's.

Have no complaints with the Toyo RT's in 35x12.5x17. After 10k noticing a bit more slippage on wet roads but I had that with all of them...light two door here..

The RT's barely needed any balancing compared to the other two...nice on road manners and quiet in comparison...off-road have yet to meet a challenge..

View attachment 175058

Have you had these in the snow and ice? I'm curious how they will do. I'm stuck between trail grapplers and the RT's...

jagrubb99

33/12.5R18 Toyo Open Country AT II. Have almost 12k miles on them so far and no issues. Really like these as they are one of the most aggressive ATs I have had experience with, and they have not had any problems in mud. They seem to behave much like an MT off road but still have decent road manners. The most negative I have found with these tires is that they seem to ride a bit squirely at times if the pavement is groved. So far these have been a great tire for all of my uses

Top Bottom