What control arms to add w/ AEV 3.5"

And I have never had any experience with currie but only heard great things also. Only ones I have experience with is teraflex and now metalcloak and the teraflex arm in my opinion arent the best. I knew when buying the metalcloak lift that it was a fairly new product that doesnt have much testing but I felt like trying it out, and so far I love it but only time will tell how it holds up. I hope it does. Like I said I have about 10k on them now and been on the rubicon twice fordyce twice and alot of other trails but nothing else extreme

Last edited:
Noticed their chart didn't include RK either. I'm on a budget and basically just got some RK arms for free so I think I'll stick with them. I have heard bout 99% good things bout them until this thread.

turbineguy

What's even funnier is that EVO posted up a thread about it on FB a few weeks back and had so many people who had them talk about all the problems they had, the owner of Metalcloak was forced to come on pretending to be a regular Joe to defend them. For the money, I would still put mine on coil overs - I like proven technology, not gimmicks and good marketing. But, that's just me. :yup:

Link?

I've just scanned the evo facebook wall and couldn't find the post.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Link?

I've just scanned the evo facebook wall and couldn't find the post.

After Metalcloak snuck on to defend his shocks, Mel deleted his post. Metalcloak then called him up to whine and so Mel decided to just delete the whole post.

turbineguy

After Metalcloak snuck on to defend his shocks, Mel deleted his post. Metalcloak then called him up to whine and so Mel decided to just delete the whole post.

Thanks. I've pretty much decided on Evo long arm upgrade kit since as far as I can tell its the only LA kit to have JJ's at both ends and have the adjust while installed feature. I am considering running it for a few months, then swapping out the JJ's for Duroflex to see if I can tell the difference. It won't answer the longevity question, but at least I can get a sense of the flex and ride quality differences.

bl17z90

Thanks. I've pretty much decided on Evo long arm upgrade kit since as far as I can tell its the only LA kit to have JJ's at both ends and have the adjust while installed feature. I am considering running it for a few months, then swapping out the JJ's for Duroflex to see if I can tell the difference. It won't answer the longevity question, but at least I can get a sense of the flex and ride quality differences.

You may fall in love with the JJs and never look back ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Being that the amount of flex you have will ultimately be determined by the length of your shocks, it won't make the least bit of difference which one of the two you use. As far as ride quality goes, the JK has true isolated body mounts that does a great job of absorbing road noise all on it's own. You can practically run rod ends on both ends of the arms and still find your ride to be pretty good. In theory, the Metalcloak joints should offer slightly better absorption being that they use rubber bushings but, unlike factory, they are a lot smaller and have less material between the ball and housing and so it's negligible. Still, they did copy Currie's joint dimensions to a T so you can literally swap in their joint into the Johnny Joint housing for your test.

Top Bottom