What did Brown Santa show up with today..

dillard09

Is that specific to Oddysey as far as what they recommend for them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think it will charge any battery. Well I have a small draw on my battery. I have a single odyssey battery and it drained it down so far that my regular battery tender wouldnt charge it. So I swapped to the Genesis dual battery so that way if my cranking battery drained down I would have the other battery to link and still be able to start the jeep. But that being said I had the old Odyssey battery still sitting in my garage and thought I would just hook it up to the Odyssey charger to see what it would do. After 3 hours the battery was fully charged. My regular battery tender I had wouldnt charge it but the new Odyssey one did.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think it will charge any battery. Well I have a small draw on my battery. I have a single odyssey battery and it drained it down so far that my regular battery tender wouldnt charge it. So I swapped to the Genesis dual battery so that way if my cranking battery drained down I would have the other battery to link and still be able to start the jeep. But that being said I had the old Odyssey battery still sitting in my garage and thought I would just hook it up to the Odyssey charger to see what it would do. After 3 hours the battery was fully charged. My regular battery tender I had wouldnt charge it but the new Odyssey one did.

Jake,

I have been having the same issue with one of my Odyssey batteries. Parasitic drain (ARB fridge draws 50 milliamps even when turned off) draws it down and my old sears battery charger can’t fully charge it. Just curious, why did you go with the 20 amp charger over the 12 or the 6?

dillard09

Jake,

I have been having the same issue with one of my Odyssey batteries. Parasitic drain (ARB fridge draws 50 milliamps even when turned off) draws it down and my old sears battery charger can’t fully charge it. Just curious, why did you go with the 20 amp charger over the 12 or the 6?

I went with the 20A cause it's the one that Genises recommended. I know one thing it's a pretty smart charger. You hook it up and dont have to do anything else. It adjust based on what kind of battery it reads. Pretty slick but pricey.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I went with the 20A cause it's the one that Genises recommended. I know one thing it's a pretty smart charger. You hook it up and dont have to do anything else. It adjust based on what kind of battery it reads. Pretty slick but pricey.

Thanks. I just went on the Odyssey website and saw the match ups of chargers to batteries. It is pretty pricy but maybe I’ll have to bite the bullet.

dillard09

Thanks. I just went on the Odyssey website and saw the match ups of chargers to batteries. It is pretty pricy but maybe I’ll have to bite the bullet.

Yes they are. But like I said my other charger wouldnt bring my other dead odyssey back to life but the Odyssey charger had it fully charged in 3 hours.

JKbrick

Sounds nice, the tender I have was mid priced, I bought it before I got the Oddesy battery. It has a setting called regen that draws a battery down and recharges it, takes 24 hours. With that said my Oddesy has not gone dead yet

Ddays

Hooked
My axle tie down tabs came in. I may never use them but figured I'd rather have them & not use them than wish I had them welded on when I had the chance.

Tabs.jpg

dillard09

I thought you’d been dailying it recently, no?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I have been until I had a little uh oh! Not sure what it is yet but its definitely electrical. Jeep wont start and Bubba is helping me out to get it back on the road. In the mean time I have to drive my old work truck again... 🦖🦖

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have been until I had a little uh oh! Not sure what it is yet but its definitely electrical. Jeep wont start and Bubba is helping me out to get it back on the road. In the mean time I have to drive my old work truck again... 🦖🦖

Damn, sorry to hear. Hope it’s up in the next few weeks. Your “old” work truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dillard09

What the hell is it with Jeep and electrical issues?

Well mine has the Motech stuff and I had a relay that would go funny sometimes and the jeep would not start or even just die when I was driving it. I could pull the relay and pop it back in and it would then start and go for a few days until it did it again. Bubba knew about it but never had a chance to get it in for him to look at it. But the other morning it wouldnt start and I was half asleep and I pulled the relay but when I went to put it back in I hit the wrong holes. It didnt like it. Smoke and cracking! And now it wont do anything. 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

TheGrendel

There was a local Jeeper that recently rolled his stock JKU at Hidden Falls. The occupants had some minor injuries. But based on how much the windshield frame area caved in on a stocker, I decided it was time to remedy that. I know these are essentially one time use cages. But if I can keep my family and me safe that one time, that’s all that matters.

7m5yotG.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
There was a local Jeeper that recently rolled his stock JKU at Hidden Falls. The occupants had some minor injuries. But based on how much the windshield frame area caved in on a stocker, I decided it was time to remedy that. I know these are essentially one time use cages. But if I can keep my family and me safe that one time, that’s all that matters.

7m5yotG.jpg

I’ve been on that fence for awhile now, couldn’t agree more. I just wish EVO still had theirs under production.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TheGrendel

I’ve been on that fence for awhile now, couldn’t agree more. I just wish EVO still had theirs under production.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I tried to find an Evo for awhile. Tried to buy some used ones off people that were selling their Jeeps. But no go. Finally said fuck it. And ordered the RH.

Top Bottom