What did Brown Santa show up with today..

Ddays

Hooked
View attachment 345059

Adding the front bumper skid to the evo pro series bumper . This thing is nice and beefy .

Hate that it doesn’t come powder coated tho . Debating between PC and self etching primer and rustoleum semi gloss black

Don’t really have anywhere to hang and dry so feel like it is going to be a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had mine powder coated and then painted after the PC peeled off. Unless your PC guy is cheap, I'd just paint it so it's easier to touch up and match when it gets all beat up.

fiend

Caught the Bug
View attachment 345059

Adding the front bumper skid to the evo pro series bumper . This thing is nice and beefy .

Hate that it doesn’t come powder coated tho . Debating between PC and self etching primer and rustoleum semi gloss black

Don’t really have anywhere to hang and dry so feel like it is going to be a PITA

I just had some stuff powder coated. Based on what I was charged I’d guess maybe $40 bucks for that in a standard semigloss black or other color they have in stock. More for custom. Text me if you want the name of the place. Not sure they strictly qualify as an “essential business” right now. [emoji6]

But if it were me, I’d just paint it. So much easier to touch up. Also I’d recommend Duplicolor over Rustoleum. I find the spray applicator much better and less prone to spraying too much paint too fast.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Those are a great upgrade, a lot stronger than stock.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good to know! Hopefully something I can install myself without messing anything up. Don’t wanna have to rely on my neighbors to save my ass again. Lol

Threw these in a month or so ago. Driving with no chirp is SO nice. Easy install with the bearings already pressed on from Revolution.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nice! Mine isn’t chirping unless I hit the brakes. I’m not installing these until I get pro grips, and I’m not ordering pro grips until the JT is lifted. Gonna be a little bit.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Good to know! Hopefully something I can install myself without messing anything up. Don’t wanna have to rely on my neighbors to save my ass again. Lol

Installs easy, just follow Eddie’s write up and it goes fast. The hardest part are the little red clips on the wheel speed sensors. The rest goes fast.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
You don't need to hang it... you can do it on a table and flip it once it's dry. Probably wouldn't be to much to powder coat either... if they are even open right now.

I've had mine powder coated and then painted after the PC peeled off. Unless your PC guy is cheap, I'd just paint it so it's easier to touch up and match when it gets all beat up.

I just had some stuff powder coated. Based on what I was charged I’d guess maybe $40 bucks for that in a standard semigloss black or other color they have in stock. More for custom. Text me if you want the name of the place. Note sure they strictly qualify as an “essential business” right now. [emoji6]

But if it were me, I’d just paint it. So much easier to touch up. Also I’d recommend Duplicolor over Rustoleum. I find the spray applicator much better and less prone to spraying too much paint too fast.

Thanks. Do you all recommend the auto etching primer first ? Will prob just paint it given convenience .

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
The Brown Santa delivered my Air Up Air Down 4 Tire System today. Now comes the fun of figuring how to install it on my JKU. 20200413_132446.jpg

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

Top Bottom