What did Brown Santa show up with today..

Ddays

Hooked
Gotcha. I was wondering if they were the same or not. I think when the warm hubs break they release and lock out in the open position. And chances of two breaking are probably slim to none. Probably no reason to carry both.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wondered if the Dynatrac hubs were a simple swap-out but an unanswered email pushed me to just gab a pair of these as backup. You're right, I'll probably never have one of these break but I've been gathering brand specific and specialty parts to have on hand in case shit breaks. I hate not having backup parts handy.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm hoping that if I just throw money at it and bolt shit on it, it might motivate me to take this truck off the pavement once in awhile.

w.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I'm hoping that if I just throw money at it and bolt shit on it, it might motivate me to take this truck off the pavement once in awhile.

View attachment 359024

Sweet - more winch line installation fun! Lol, that shitty looking little piece of wire they give you to pull the line through the hole in the drum works like a charm vs trying to poke/shove/swear the damn thing in when they first came out.
I couldn't believe how easy it was.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice score!
Is that not how this jeep thing goes?

I hope so.

Sweet - more winch line installation fun! Lol, that shitty looking little piece of wire they give you to pull the line through the hole in the drum works like a charm vs trying to poke/shove/swear the damn thing in when they first came out.
I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Good to hear. I also have to make sure and put the abrasion sleeve on BEFORE hooking the rope to the drum. I think I know someone who forgot that part, lol.

TrailHunter

Hooked

View attachment 359024

Nice choice! Love mine!... well, how it looks anyway... haven’t used it yet. Lol.. Fun install... don’t forget to slip the rope guard on before you install it in the drum... I forgot and there was no way that rope was coming back off. I ended up buying a velcro removable guard. [emoji849]

WJCO

Meme King
Nice winch Doug [emoji106][emoji106]

Nice choice! Love mine!... well, how it looks anyway... haven’t used it yet. Lol..

Thanks. It's a great winch.

Fun install... don’t forget to slip the rope guard on before you install it in the drum... I forgot and there was no way that rope was coming back off. I ended up buying a velcro removable guard. [emoji849]

This is our 3rd one. If I fuck up the install, it's my own fault, lol. The rope attachment is a royal pain in the ass. I didn't realize they made a velcro guard. That's a great idea.

Sweet! Do you have the front steel bumper, I can’t remember? Or aftermarket?

I bought Eddie and Cindy's Warn winch plate that they had on Jet Li prior to running their EVO bumper. I still need Drings and lights before I install all this stuff though.

My 10s should be arriving today also.[emoji106]

Glad to see you're not wasting anytime with the build.

CalSgt

Hooked
I still need Drings and lights before I install all this stuff though.

FYI Motobilt has D-ring mounts for about half the price of the EVO ones I bought, they're not as fancy of a shape and not powder coated but definitely worth a look if you are doing the no bumper look like they did on Jet-Li. They are listed for a JK but the bolt pattern is the same

https://motobilt.com/collections/diy-bumper-parts/products/jeep-jk-front-bolt-on-d-ring-shackle-mounts-07-18-wrangler-jk

WJCO

Meme King
FYI Motobilt has D-ring mounts for about half the price of the EVO ones I bought, they're not as fancy of a shape and not powder coated but definitely worth a look if you are doing the no bumper look like they did on Jet-Li. They are listed for a JK but the bolt pattern is the same

https://motobilt.com/collections/diy-bumper-parts/products/jeep-jk-front-bolt-on-d-ring-shackle-mounts-07-18-wrangler-jk

I'm not a fan of Motobilt with what happened here years ago. And I'm going to stray away from their d rings. I don't think you were were around when that fiasco went down, lol:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-is-the-biggest-tool-in-the-industry-MOTOBILT

Top Bottom