What do you want ?

hbkid22

A new floor board! The original owner decided to glue down the carpet everywhere and it was quite fun to take out :doh: ...I ended up taking the jeep in and they still could not get it all out so I have glue/residue left all over that will not come off.....(will ultimately cover it with a bed rug kit or rhino line it)....

Or

Someone to make a trail rack that will work with the SmittyBilt bumper/carrier I have.....:thinking:

shadow21

A new floor board! The original owner decided to glue down the carpet everywhere and it was quite fun to take out :doh: ...I ended up taking the jeep in and they still could not get it all out so I have glue/residue left all over that will not come off.....(will ultimately cover it with a bed rug kit or rhino line it)....

Or

Someone to make a trail rack that will work with the SmittyBilt bumper/carrier I have.....:thinking:

For the glue use Nail Polish remover and a heat gun (hair dryer will work). Heat the glue up and then use the nail polish remover.

shadow21

or soak it with brake cleaner. It tends to dissolve adhesives (and plastics so be careful) well.

That and it can potentially remove the paint on his floor boards if he let's it sit too long. The nail polish will require a bit of scrubbing but it's not harmful to anything on the interior/exterior of your jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
wel, acetone is the main ingredient in nail polish remover and it will remove paint.

Sucks they couldn't get all that carpet glue up but it really can be removed...
did you try hot water (boiling) and some plastic scrapers on the floor portion?

let the hot water soak and it does soften the glue so you can scrape it off.

The sides might be a challenge but I'd lay old towels soaked in hot water on the sides and then scrape after it's softened up the glue.

Problem I see with a heat gun is the potential to cause the paint to blister or burn your skin as you scrape.

either way it's tedious and after you remove the glue you'll likely still have to paint over it.

another method I've used to get melted stuff out of the seats, use old towels and an old solid base iron...iron over the towel/glue until it softens. the heat should draw the majority of the glue onto the towel then use a good adhesive remover on the residue.

or....... it's like let's make a deal here ll

bedline the tub and sides to hide the remaining glue and then lay the carpet kit over it.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
To live closer to better trails! :daydream:

But since that probably doesn't fall within the rules here, I'd ask for a fully loaded Manley ORV trailer (full slide out kitchen, onboard air, water and electricity and a rooftop ARB tent.) That's just one thing! ;)

hbkid22

All. Thanks for the input on the carpet. I have tried many methods mentioned above and not worth the time/money at this point. I will more than likely rhino line it and hide what's left.

Have a great week all.

Leocon

To live closer to better trails! :daydream:

But since that probably doesn't fall within the rules here, I'd ask for a fully loaded Manley ORV trailer (full slide out kitchen, onboard air, water and electricity and a rooftop ARB tent.) That's just one thing! ;)

Thats mine, Fully Equipped Adventure trailer, built and loaded to my spec's :clap2::thumb:

shadow21

wel, acetone is the main ingredient in nail polish remover and it will remove paint.

Sucks they couldn't get all that carpet glue up but it really can be removed...
did you try hot water (boiling) and some plastic scrapers on the floor portion?

let the hot water soak and it does soften the glue so you can scrape it off.

The sides might be a challenge but I'd lay old towels soaked in hot water on the sides and then scrape after it's softened up the glue.

Problem I see with a heat gun is the potential to cause the paint to blister or burn your skin as you scrape.

either way it's tedious and after you remove the glue you'll likely still have to paint over it.

another method I've used to get melted stuff out of the seats, use old towels and an old solid base iron...iron over the towel/glue until it softens. the heat should draw the majority of the glue onto the towel then use a good adhesive remover on the residue.

or....... it's like let's make a deal here ll

bedline the tub and sides to hide the remaining glue and then lay the carpet kit over it.

Firstly, "acetone" and "nail polish remover" are not synonyms. There are acetone-free nail polish removers.

Secondly, while acetone is indeed a strong solvent, its effect on fully cured clear coat is normally insignificant, assuming the exposure time is short. I used acetone on my car once or twice with no adverse consequences at all.

Experience-17yrs paint and body work.

Last edited:

Ah2014jk

I'd like to retract my previous request for a pr44 and take what you're having haha. Another month or two and I'll be wrenching on my JK with a snowsuit on.

Ok send back my RIPP and give me a garage as well!!'

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Wouldn't the trailer be one item? Then every other piece that goes with it a separate item?

Not if you order it complete it's not. That'd be like telling all the PR44 wish list guys that they can't have RCV axle shafts or an ARB locker in theirs because they're all separate pieces.

Jeeper Jr.

Guys, you have it all wrong.
Obviously, you want 1 bar of gold.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom