What does your Cockpit *cough* interior look like ?

I run Gaja on my iPad as well. iPhone isn't mounted but it goes on the little round mount on the dash. I just took these photos to show off my new pistol mount, it's magnetic, so not make/model specific and VERY strong. Made by COJO, ~$30.

Is that a Kimber Pro CDP II ?

JCDriller

OK So here we go...

Thanks for the link. Doesn't look like they ship to the US though
The will, just email them and an English speaking employee will help you out. I purchased multiple items from them and they have always been great. Just be patient with shipping, it comes DHL but takes 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Awesome set-ups. JCDriller...what kind of rear view monitor are you running? I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
Camera and monitor are off Amazon and around $50.00 for both. The screen is designed to mount to the factory mirror, but doing so made it to bulky. I made an adapter that eliminates the factory mirror and mounts the screen as high as possible. I also made the camera mount that bolts to my LOD tire rack. I used the camera without the grid lines since it's a full time rearview monitoring system. Lots of pictures in my Wrangler Forum Build Thread. Title is something like "BRUZER 2014 Hydro Blue JKU"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005I7UQ4K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3ZN3JK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Not sure I would trust that magnet mount for a loaded weapon in an accident.
That is fair enough, the pistol does have 3 safeties, but I'm just as likely to carry a Glock:icon_crazy:. I'm only in CA temporarily so my carry doesn't consist of anything right now but most the time the pistol rides on my hip, only goes on the magnet for longer road trips. Rarely would I leave the pistol in the car and when I do it'll be locked up under the seat in a Tuffy.

I wondered about that too. I personally never carry with a round in the chamber so it's not an issue for me. It takes all of a second to pull the slide back on my 1911 and chamber a round.
That second may cost you your life or more importantly the life of a loved one. That being said it is a personal decision.

Is that a Kimber Pro CDP II ?
You got it, good eye!

Last edited:

miamidiver

Current view from the drivers seat. iPad is on the cmm grab handle and the life proof cradle.

Attachments

• 1451421850983.jpg
    1451421850983.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 590

Havoc40

Awesome, I'll have to look threw your build thread. I'm also running a LoD gen.IV shorty rear. I've browsed amazon and ebay for camera systems...but didn't come across anything like that. Thanks for the links.

cmireles

I wondered about that too. I personally never carry with a round in the chamber so it's not an issue for me. It takes all of a second to pull the slide back on my 1911 and chamber a round.

Likewise about the chambered round. That said, I've seen a couple of these gun magnets and they seem to work pretty well. To me, it sounds like a good idea for a quick stash while you're driving since having the gun holstered on your hip in the car is kind of a pain.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm not so worried about a discharge as I am about the weapon itself bouncing around the vehicle. To be fair though, I tend to be pretty anal about making sure everything in my Jeep is secure while I'm driving.

xxJWPxx

Current view from the drivers seat. iPad is on the cmm grab handle and the life proof cradle.

Nice set up. I'm looking to do something similar with the CB mounted under my stereo deck. My stock stereo aux input has been finicky since day one and it's about time to pull that sucker out.

LeighP

I have an Outback Engineering centre dash mount with three RAM mount balls on it...one for the front/rear camera display, one for the phone and a spare thrid one to mount a tablet for offroad nav software...when I get around to buying one.

Harley74

I run Gaja on my iPad as well. iPhone isn't mounted but it goes on the little round mount on the dash. I just took these photos to show off my new pistol mount, it's magnetic, so not make/model specific and VERY strong. Made by COJO, ~$30.

Can you tell me where you got the gun and clip holder from? I like that set up and wouldn't mind having that in my JKU.

mo0s3

Yeah the only reason I built mine was I read reviews of the Ram mount vibrating and movement. How does it hold up ?

maxcustody

Yeah the only reason I built mine was I read reviews of the Ram mount vibrating and movement. How does it hold up ?

Ram mounts work great, no movement. I have one of the Claw grips and love that one. There are so many options of lengths and configuring is what I meant with messing with options. I am using all ram mount stuff...............

JCDriller

Top Bottom