What is the main difference between the Front Dana 44 on the Rubicon and the Rear 44?

tobias lopez

:cheesy:

Lol

Yes, the shafts in a factory front Dana 44 will have beefier shafts with 30 splines whereas a Dana 30 will have only 27 splines. The stubs are the same.

Ok. Perfect now I can be specific when I tell him the diffrence other than just saying bro my 30 is like ur 44 let's just trade lmao!!

tobias lopez

first time of me hearing about this

Aww man I thought you were being sarcastic lol.

From my understanding it all really depends on the type off offroading you do. Add C's reenforce a weak point on the axle but can still bend.

So to answer your question yes for a short period of time because u will have the mindset that you can now go harder with you newly installed C's so that's when they can bend lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
haha ok so is that a no?

:cheesy: Sorry, I thought you were kidding.

Being that you're in FL, you'll probably be fine with just adding c gussets. Bending of the axle tubes typically happens with hard and fast driving like what you can do out in the west.

Thing is, what are hard wheeling? What Eddie calls hard wheeling is probably insanity for me and what I think is hard wheeling that have a stock saharah 2012 is for sure a sunday walk in the park for Eddie and his friends.

What is easy for me to do is impossible for my friends that have normal sedans with 2 wheel drive.

Anyway, I guess that normal driving and some "overlanding travel" on bad roads from one country to a another a stock axel with stock tires like 32 to 33" will work. Correct me if I´m wrong.

But one thing is for sure, you Americans and Aussies can all be very happy because you have some great landscapes to explore and a lot of nice trails you can drive. Here in Sweden we do have nice scenery but no trails at all and the kind of nature we have make it impossible to go wheeling like you guys can do. Thick forest, very big stones and large hills of stone everywhere and on top of that it is forbidden to take the car ouside the road ( doen´t matter since mother nature makes it impossible anyway).

So, it is with envy I sitt here in front of my f***ing computer screen, watching your lovely adventure.

Happy Wheeling all!

CrazyLarry

Thing is, what are hard wheeling? What Eddie calls hard wheeling is probably insanity for me and what I think is hard wheeling that have a stock saharah 2012 is for sure a sunday walk in the park for Eddie and his friends.

What is easy for me to do is impossible for my friends that have normal sedans with 2 wheel drive.

Anyway, I guess that normal driving and some "overlanding travel" on bad roads from one country to a another a stock axel with stock tires like 32 to 33" will work. Correct me if I´m wrong.

But one thing is for sure, you Americans and Aussies can all be very happy because you have some great landscapes to explore and a lot of nice trails you can drive. Here in Sweden we do have nice scenery but no trails at all and the kind of nature we have make it impossible to go wheeling like you guys can do. Thick forest, very big stones and large hills of stone everywhere and on top of that it is forbidden to take the car ouside the road ( doen´t matter since mother nature makes it impossible anyway).

So, it is with envy I sitt here in front of my f***ing computer screen, watching your lovely adventure.

Happy Wheeling all!

You guys have a shitload of hot women though :brows: Hell with the Jeep lol

Top Bottom