what kind of oil is in your jk??

GuillaumeC91

I follow my own advice and run whatever quality synthetic is available for the lowest price. In my case around my area, 100% of the time it's Mobil1. If you want the best, run Amsoil, otherwise, any big brand (Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc.)

Yep, I agree with that! Been running Amsoil 5w20 OEM since day one!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

jeeeep

Hooked
Oil? Going on 4 years and 8,000 miles, I pulled the dipstick. There is supposed to be oil in it?

Penzoil dyno. I change once a year 2000-3000 miles so go cheap with 5-20 from Walmart.

only 8000 miles after 4 years???????? how does that happen?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Oil? Going on 4 years and 8,000 miles, I pulled the dipstick. There is supposed to be oil in it?

Penzoil dyno. I change once a year 2000-3000 miles so go cheap with 5-20 from Walmart.

only 8000 miles after 4 years???????? how does that happen?

I parked next to super clean (stock) 2004 TJ Rubicon a couple of weeks ago and the owner was walking back and saw my super clean(stock) 2013 JKU Rubicon, he said "Nice Jeep", I said "likewise" asked what year it was and I told him he then proceeded to tell me that his only had 8000 original miles , I started taking a look and he still had the stock Tj rubicon tires/rims. It was mechanically "newer" than mine.

I have 22k miles, after 1 year last month on the 27th(4/27), and 3 oil changes I used 5w20 full synth up until this last oil change 5w30 full synth for summer and I'll go back to 5w20 full synth in the fall or winter.

Last edited:

ghostryder

I parked next to super clean (stock) 2004 TJ Rubicon a couple of weeks ago and the owner was walking back and saw my super clean(stock) 2013 JKU Rubicon, he said "Nice Jeep", I said "likewise" asked what year it was and I told him he then proceeded to tell me that his only had 8000 original miles , I started taking a look and he still had the stock Tj rubicon tires/rims. It was mechanically "newer" than mine.

I have 22k miles, after 1 year last month on the 27th(4/27), and 3 oil changes I used 5w20 full synth up until this last oil change 5w30 full synth for summer and I'll go back to 5w20 full synth in the fall or winter.

i got mine from the dealer at the end of feb and i have 9000 miles on mine already............

ghostryder

I follow my own advice and run whatever quality synthetic is available for the lowest price. In my case around my area, 100% of the time it's Mobil1. If you want the best, run Amsoil, otherwise, any big brand (Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc.) Buy the cheapest 100% synthetic and you're golden. Stay away from Royal Purple...snakeoil product.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6985-Mobil-1-extended-performance-oil
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11369-Which-oil-do-you-like&highlight=royal+purple

And before people go crazy about my RP comments....the reason is simple...putting aside the fact that they are some of the lowest performing lubricants, in my area anyway, RP costs substantially more than the rest (Mobil, Castrol, etc)....there is simply no arguable reason why someone would want to run a more expensive inferior oil from a company caught lying....just my .02. If you like it, by all means, I am NOT saying your jeep will explode (although there have been numerous examples of engine damage on engines on various forums) but Im not looking to debate that. This is simply meant to be informative, it is your money, and your jeep, so it's your call.

thanks for the info good stuff i couldn't find anything in the search option myself

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Amsoil for me. It really wasn't much more than Mobil

The problem with amsoil (for me) is I cant get it locally....so I need to order it online, which sometimes makes it a hassle. If I could easily get it locally, that's what I'd run.

kevinp

and punctuations are for prius drivers just saying don't hate me for it lol

Nooooo, punctuation is for people who want to properly articulate in writing. ;)

As for oil, I have used Mobil1 for close to 20 years, and probably a half-million miles collectively. I believe it's the best thing out there for your engine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GuillaumeC91

So are you some kind of shop?

Don't need to be a shop. My buddy's dad is actually an Amsoil rep. He started doing just by signing up online and now get a % of all the shops he signed up to be Amsoil "dealers". Kinda like a relationship marketing thing, like Mary Kay for dudes haha. Getting someone signed up is less than 50$ if I remember correctly.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

DA RUNT

Nooooo, punctuation is for people who want to properly articulate in writing. ;)

As for oil, I have used Mobil1 for close to 20 years, and probably a half-million miles collectively. I believe it's the best thing out there for your engine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

20 years, half a million miles..... how old are you? :cheesy: jk Kevin

Top Bottom