What oil do you use?

davidc128

Royal purple in engine and transmission... been that way in all my vehicles accept my wifes fuck that shitty car hahahaha

Havoc40

Amsoil everything since new in all my vehicles. Works great for me, from lawn mowers to 1k+ horsepower hot rods.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I run Mobile1. When I was in the race scene, I ran Royal Purple in my car. Still do in my bike. Either way, you cant go wrong with Mobile1, Royal Purple or Amsoil.

USMC Wrangler

I run Mobile1. When I was in the race scene, I ran Royal Purple in my car. Still do in my bike. Either way, you cant go wrong with Mobile1, Royal Purple or Amsoil.

I'm just over 48k and have been running Royal Purple since the 2nd oil change. Since the filter is on top of the engine, I run a fresh Wix filter after a change to 5k and put a new filter in. Then I run it until the oil change required message pops up. It's usually between 8-10k total, on two filters.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I'm just over 48k and have been running Royal Purple since the 2nd oil change. Since the filter is on top of the engine, I run a fresh Wix filter after a change to 5k and put a new filter in. Then I run it until the oil change required message pops up. It's usually between 8-10k total, on two filters.

I was thinking about going to RP next oil change. In my opinion its the best oil as far as synthetic goes.

USMC Wrangler

I was thinking about going to RP next oil change. In my opinion its the best oil as far as synthetic goes.

I ran amsoil in my pickup, before my Jeep, but it was easy to find where I lived then. RP is everywhere near me and sometimes it's less expensive on Amazon. I just check the prices when I know it's getting close.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I ran amsoil in my pickup, before my Jeep, but it was easy to find where I lived then. RP is everywhere near me and sometimes it's less expensive on Amazon. I just check the prices when I know it's getting close.

I run Amsoil in my dirt bikes, just because I always have. Definitely going to be shopping around. Need to change the oil on the JK before I head out to Moab and Prescott at the end of the month.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I run Castrol high mileage. Even though it's synthetic I just make sure to change it every five months or so. I've actually noticed an efficiency boost using the synthetic stuff even though I used to steer away from it.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Desertman

I use Mopar oil from the dealer. I know the quality and I am sure it is shell (penzoil) rebranded . The price is not much different than the oil from the national oil company who run most of the gas station here. I change the oil every 2500 Km so the oil never has chance to degrade.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Echota Mota

Guys, just a few points here...no one has mentioned a few key facts. Synthetics are produced by modifying the molecules which changes the oil's polarity...in layman' terms this just means the oil's "electrical charge" changes and it actually is the opposite of the engine block polarity, so oil will cling to all contacted surfaces much longer. Equates to less friction at start up...this is where most of your engine wear comes from unless you don't change your oil & filter regularly. Second point, because they modify the molecules, the oil has a lower shear rate....what that means is the oil acts "slicker" or flows better at lower temps thus giving better oil circulation at start up. As he oil begins to heat up to operating temps it reacts like a thicker oil thus protecting like a thicker oil. Now for the good part...this means less friction in the motor and equals less wear, and better performance (even if marginally) and the viscosity modifiers are of better quality which last longer. This is why you can go longer between oil changes. We spend thousands of dollars on our toys & daily drivers...don't skimp in the "life blood" of you vehicle's heart! You want it to last as long as possible, right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Guys, just a few points here...no one has mentioned a few key facts. Synthetics are produced by modifying the molecules which changes the oil's polarity...in layman' terms this just means the oil's "electrical charge" changes and it actually is the opposite of the engine block polarity, so oil will cling to all contacted surfaces much longer. Equates to less friction at start up...this is where most of your engine wear comes from unless you don't change your oil & filter regularly. Second point, because they modify the molecules, the oil has a lower shear rate....what that means is the oil acts "slicker" or flows better at lower temps thus giving better oil circulation at start up. As he oil begins to heat up to operating temps it reacts like a thicker oil thus protecting like a thicker oil. Now for the good part...this means less friction in the motor and equals less wear, and better performance (even if marginally) and the viscosity modifiers are of better quality which last longer. This is why you can go longer between oil changes. We spend thousands of dollars on our toys & daily drivers...don't skimp in the "life blood" of you vehicle's heart! You want it to last as long as possible, right?

Just because it has all the extra additives doesn't mean you should go longer between oil changes just because you can. I treat my synthetic oil like conventional and change it every 3k because it helps keep the oil galleries cleaner and the motor cleaner as well.

You can never over oil and engine but you sure as hell can under oil it.

Echota Mota

Just because it has all the extra additives doesn't mean you should go longer between oil changes just because you can. I treat my synthetic oil like conventional and change it every 3k because it helps keep the oil galleries cleaner and the motor cleaner as well.

We'll put....common sense must prevail. Changing oil every 3k might make perfect sense in your application...everybody drives "or beats" on their vehicle differently. Just keep this in mind....if the oil looks dirty, it probably is, si change it....if it's golden brown (& clear) your most likely fine!

MrEmmDubya

That was an excellent description ..thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack775

Exactly! Regardless of synthetic or not, I don't trust any oil going that long. 5,000 miles is the max I will go, if not sooner. And oil is cheap. It's called preventive maintenance for a reason. To prevent major damage. I get mobile one at the local auto store, or Walmart. And with a filter for around $40 bucks! Much cheaper then paying for a new engine. In the long run anyway. And you get a piece of mind! [emoji481]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Changing full synthetic oil every 3000 miles is a waste of money. If you do that more power to you but you should look at saving some money with conventional and spend the savings on new jeep parts.

Top Bottom