What oil do you use?

SilverBack775

Changing full synthetic oil every 3000 miles is a waste of money. If you do that more power to you but you should look at saving some money with conventional and spend the savings on new jeep parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed! Great point! I change mine every 5000. I could probably go longer but I don't. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside doing it at 5. More jeep parts for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

1 quart marvel mystery oil 5 quarts Mobil 1 high mileage full synthetic in both Our Jeep and Avalanche change @ 3000ish miles because of habit I try and go farther but the damn OCD won't let me lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
You can never over oil and engine but you sure as hell can under oil it.

Can't argue that. I use Mobil 1 every 6,000 myself, I think once I get on the trails a little more with this Jeep I'll probably knock it down to 5,000. Who knows how many street miles equals a trail mile? I would at least guess a slow hot run would break down the oil faster for a given amount of miles on the odometer.

thombull

Mobile 1 full synthetic and Mopar filter every 5k miles.... I'm at 77k and no problems so far. And I do all my vehicle service myself since the first free oil change that the dealership did. Found out after the service that they didn't put the fill cap back on! Never went back for anything else again.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom