What problems does your Jeep have this week?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have used a variety of methods including burning out the rubber and then splitting the sleeve so it will press out easy. My conclusion is that if time is money the labor hrs involved are greater that just buying new control arms. Have fun! Yes replacing bushings sucks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

The thought had crossed my mind. I’m half way into it at this point, so I’ll see it through to completion. Hopefully these new bushings last a while. I got 8 years out of the Clevites.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

littlebeas

IMG_1363.jpg
Got the dreaded misfire code, did the coils, plugs, and wires. Turns out it was fuel injector was bad... that job was a bit of an a**hole just because you have to reacquaint yourself with an old nemesis, the EGR valve. I took some pictures if you guys want a mouth breather’s guide to swapping fuel injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Eaviles4

Original Radiator Cracked

Found a crack on the radiator. Luckily the Jeep never overheated. Any suggestions on the most affordable options for replacement? The cheapest brand I found is Spectra and it has some good and bad reviews just like everyone else out there. Anyone got any experience with Spectra?

Found a crack on the radiator. Luckily the Jeep never overheated. Any suggestions on the most affordable options for replacement? The cheapest brand I found is Spectra and it has some good and bad reviews just like everyone else out there. Anyone got any experience with Spectra?

Advance auto. Use a coupon code online pick up in store.

rmilobrown

I just changed mine for the same reason. Installed the Spectra without issue. Looked just like the leaking oem junk I pulled out.

HAPPYTRAILS

jab1719

Still tracking down a leak in my rear air locker. I’m going to try and pull the hose off the diff and see if Its clogged or has diff fluid in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elroy231

Picked up new u joints for front axel
When I put on the crossover steering kit discovered that the u joints are bad on both sides. Seams like a good job to tackle during quarantine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

This can't be a good sign.

I came out this morning to oil under the rear of the Jeep. First thought was diff cover, but looking closer, it was too far back.

Why is my muffler oily?

I checked engine oil, way low. Ugh.

I went to the back to get my spare oil I carry, and it is low, and oil is everywhere. Something must have picked a hole.

Now I'm not sure if the puddle was from the jug of oil? I hope so.
On the other hand, it seems I am burning a lot of oil for some reason.

After looking closer at the pics, I'm pretty sure at least most of it came from my spare jug of oil, but....

Attachments

• IMG_20200426_122751_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200426_122751_copy_800x600.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20200426_122800_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200426_122800_copy_800x600.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 124

fiend

Caught the Bug
It’s difficult to image a scenario in which liquid oil like that would be coming from your engine and through your exhaust pipe.

I’m thinking maybe your spare oil cache sprung a leak.

A busted shock could also leak oil back there, but it would be obvious that’s it’s coming from the shock.

BaddestCross

It’s difficult to image a scenario in which liquid oil like that would be coming from your engine and through your exhaust pipe.

I’m thinking maybe your spare oil cache sprung a leak.

A busted shock could also leak oil back there, but it would be obvious that’s it’s coming from the shock.

Very true, but if it could happen to anyone it would happen to Jerry. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Yeah I can’t imagine that oil would make it all the way back there. Engine would have to be running and most any oil would hit the hot exhaust and smoke and burn long before it made it even halfway back

JYough

Top Bottom