What problems does your Jeep have this week?

JYough

That’s impressive. At least you had a trailer to get it back home.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I actually didn’t bring the trailer this time but my friend I was wheeling with let me put the Jeep on his trailer. Both jeeps were going to Bubba’s shop to get worked on so it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JYough

Which Currie tie rod, the regular upgrade or the really expensive one?

I thought it was the upgraded one. I paid like $350 for it. But I guess it wasn’t. I’m gonna try out Bubba’s aluminum one. The guy I wheel with has it and I’ve seen that thing bend a crazy amount and then just pop right back to straight. Weird to see but it would save me from what happened yesterday.

JYough

Crazy. I've beat the shit out of mine and it's straight as an arrow. You must've been really bound up and forced the hell out of it.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It didn’t seem that bound up when it happened though. My passenger tire was at an angle and seems now like it was in a hole probably more bound up than what I saw after the fact. The driver tire went to climb a rock and as soon as it climbed it turned straight into each other.

jmedgar

Rubi Swaybar wouldn’t reconnect. Figured it was the motor, but once I pulled it I could see the fork slide was corroded and stuck. Full cleaning and it is like new. Reassembled it with rtv so hopefully it won’t get as contaminated. IMG_3330.jpg IMG_3329.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Rubi Swaybar wouldn’t reconnect. Figured it was the motor, but once I pulled it I could see the fork slide was corroded and stuck. Full cleaning and it is like new. Reassembled it with rtv so hopefully it won’t get as contaminated. View attachment 346694 View attachment 346695

Yeah, that’s nasty inside. Glad you were able to clean it up and get it to work.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Same intermittent CEL. It's the O² sensor. Dealer has replaced it three times, and the PTU.

It's less frequent, but still happens.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

J Ro

I’ve been getting an intermittent p0520 code and realized this weekend that it only goes on when I get in 4WD and goes off after about 5-6 run cycles. Been doing it for a couple months and all seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

boardsurfer

I’ve been getting an intermittent p0520 code and realized this weekend that it only goes on when I get in 4WD and goes off after about 5-6 run cycles. Been doing it for a couple months and all seems ok.

Seems to be a super common code, mine just popped up this morning. Oil Pressure Switch as far as I can tell.

J Ro

Seems to be a super common code, mine just popped up this morning. Oil Pressure Switch as far as I can tell.

Yeah that’s What it said. Using j-scan app it seems that there is still pressure. Does the switch need to be replaced? Or just let it ride?

boardsurfer

Yeah that’s What it said. Using j-scan app it seems that there is still pressure. Does the switch need to be replaced? Or just let it ride?

I've read that it's safe to drive as long as you're sure there is actually oil pressure there. I havent had time to look into it a bunch yet. Tons of threads here though.

Top Bottom