What problems does your Jeep have this week?

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
I just noticed this 5 minutes ago.Broke my limit strap clevis.Its my fuck up although the axle limits at the right spot the straps are too short and mounts too long.So the axle contacts the clevis at bump.I noticed the other side is bent so time to cut off and start over.
IMG_0496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
While doing a spark plug change, I noticed quite a bit of oil on my spark plug and some in the well. IMG_6732.jpg Adjustments.jpg I don’t think that’s supposed to be there...

It’s only showing oil on the threads it seems
IMG_6736.jpg

Last edited:

cammarie1

Opened my TJ door and one screw holding the door strap snapped clean off. and i can't get the remainder out of the door.
gotta deal with a floppy door until i can drive to someone's house with a welder.....

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
My UCA decided it didn’t want to be part of my Jeep anymore. Took a chunk of frame with it on its way.

The good news is I finally figured out what that poping noise is. I guess it wasn’t a “normal” noise after all.

IMG_3213.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
My UCA decided it didn’t want to be part of my Jeep anymore. Took a chunk of frame with it on its way.

The good news is I finally figured out what that poping noise is. I guess it wasn’t a “normal” noise after all.

View attachment 352328

Judging by the rust, I’d say that’s been festering for a while.

dillard09

View attachment 352328

Oh man. That sucks!! I've seen something similar on mine before. Mine was evo long arm rear upper drivers frame side.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(24).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(24).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 120

dillard09

We ground out the cracks then welded them up and then patched together a new bracket. Holding strong for over a year.

Attachments

• IMG_3098.jpg
    IMG_3098.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 120
  • imagejpeg_0(25).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(25).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3121.jpg
    IMG_3121.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 119

View attachment 352328

That really doesn’t look like near enough rust to cause the split.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
That really doesn’t look like near enough rust to cause the split.

It’s mainly surface rust. The top part of the UCA bracket isn’t welded so I suspect any water that gets in there is gonna just sit and rust.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Yeah... That's either a surprisingly shitty design or installation. [emoji849]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I had one of the first few high clearance brackets made and installed. They’ve made a couple changes to the design including adding a gusset to the UCA to prevent this. Apparently they’ve been failing in the field. The shop I took this to fixed two other failures similar to mine in the last 30 days. Additionally the top part of the bracket was never welded which would have prevented or at last delayed the bracket from ripping off the way it did.

PSA: If you have a first gen EVO high clearance long arm kit, reach out to EVO MFG and get the gusset from them and get it installed, it’s a quick fix. Regardless of the version, make sure the top of the bracket above the UCA is welded to the frame, mine wasn’t.

IMG_3213.jpg

dillard09

I had one of the first few high clearance brackets made and installed. They’ve made a couple changes to the design including adding a gusset to the UCA to prevent this. Apparently they’ve been failing in the field. The shop I took this to fixed two other failures similar to mine in the last 30 days. Additionally the top part of the bracket was never welded which would have prevented or at last delayed the bracket from ripping off the way it did.

PSA: If you have a first gen EVO high clearance long arm kit, reach out to EVO MFG and get the gusset from them and get it installed, it’s a quick fix. Regardless of the version, make sure the top of the bracket above the UCA is welded to the frame, mine wasn’t.

View attachment 352385

When did you have yours installed?

View attachment 352385

That makes much more sense. Glad it sounds like they’re taking care of it with updated parts.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Very interesting.. I've been noticing a pop up front recently..
As it turns out ive got an appointment with ore tomorrow. Think I'll check it

View attachment 352328

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MelvinWade

That makes much more sense. Glad it sounds like they’re taking care of it with updated parts.

As far as updates to our parts there has been some over the years to improve on a already very strong product. but in this case there where axle mounts that were installed and moved around that where not ours and installed by a third party that would cause the upper mount to want to rip. As far as our parts go we’ve ran the same upper mounts on evo 1 in king of the hammers and Baja many times and over the last almost 12 years without them failing. And we’ve scheduled you in for September 9th if you were still looking to have it fixed!

MelvinWade

As far as updates to our parts there has been some over the years to improve on a already very strong product. but in this case there where axle mounts that were installed and moved around that where not ours and installed by a third party that would cause the upper mount to want to rip. As far as our parts go we’ve ran the same upper mounts on evo 1 in king of the hammers and Baja many times and over the last almost 12 years without them failing. And we’ve scheduled you in for September 9th if you were still looking to have it fixed!

Oh sorry scheduled Samuel in

Top Bottom